Need a little help - accommodation and childcare

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
LondonOllie
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Need a little help - accommodation and childcare

Post by LondonOllie »

Hi,

I visited Tobago about 18 years ago and loved the people and the island.
Roll on those 18 years - I'm now married with two kids 5 and 7 years old.
Wife and I want to visit Tobago with the kids.

We are divers so would ideally like to stay near Speyside and be by a beach.
Don't need a hotel or guest house but don't mind one either.
Do need a place that has a kitchen.
Also am looking for somewhere that an provide childcare so we can dive while someone watches the kids.
Looking to visit 26th Dec to Jan 10th.

Any suggestions or help finding somewhere would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Ollie B
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Need a little help - accommodation and childcare

Post by Steve Wooler »

Welcome aboard, Ollie. :D

There's not a great deal of visitor accommodation in the Speyside area. The only place that springs to mind that I could personally recommends and which fits the bill in terms of location, near a beach, ideal for diving and has self-catering units, is the Blue Waters Inn. If you expect to have your own transport (recommended) and don't mind being a little bit further away from the water, Top Ranking Hill View Guest House could be a good choice. I don't know of any rental cottages in the area. Our accommodation listings will help you to get further details of each.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
LondonOllie
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by LondonOllie »

Steve - thanks for the advice.

I guess we may have to look a little further afield which is fine. A slightly more random question that you may have no information about, is do you have any suggestions of any babysitting services on the island. Obviously it's going to depend on the location we end up staying at and I know that hotels may offer this service, but do you have any suggestions or know of any baby sitting services on the island?

Thanks!
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ollie

I've never heard of any baby sitting services on the island and, in truth, would be almost astonished if there were. I suspect that your best bet would to discuss and see what arrangements could be made when you first make enquiry to properties.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”