castara inn in castara?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

castara inn in castara?

Post by Pbpamela »

Good morning,

We are looking for a place to stay in castara with AC (I need it for sleeping at night) and most of them are booked during the dates that we are coming. A new listing just appeared on booking.com for castara inn, a condo apartment. I cannot find it listed anywhere else - either on your site on online elsewhere. Does anyone know if it goes under another name or is anyone familiar with it?

Thank you,
Pamela
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: castara inn in castara?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Pamela

This property is well outside the village. Without a self-drive vehicle, you will face a really hot tiring walk up a very steep hill during the day, and a dangerous (being unlit with no sidewalk) busy road to walk up to after dark (6:30pm onwards).

Do not be fooled by the tricky marketing. This is not an "Inn" in the conventional and honest meaning of the term. It is a refurbishment of an old property that has been closed for some years. They had several very small self-catering apartments and suffered a poor reputation. It is highly unlikely that there are any permanent or live-in staff at the property and I personally would have concerns about security.

Do not be fooled by the claims of a private beach. Yes, mountain goats can make their way down to a small sandy cove. It is very telling that their photo gallery shows no photos of this "private beach". Other than a single shot of "Big Bay" beach, which is the nearest, the other shots are actually taken in "Little Bay" on the opposite side of the village (a good 20-minute walk away for a very fit person). In fact, a good indication of the honesty of this establishment is the fact that their listing uses one of my own photos (the aerial view of Castara) without my knowledge or permission.

So, my personal advice and recommendation would be to avoid like the plague.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Pbpamela
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: castara inn in castara?

Post by Pbpamela »

Thank you Steve! for that valuable advice!

Return to “General Accommodation”