Port of Spain accommodation needed near airport

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
George Cunningham

Port of Spain accommodation needed near airport

Post by George Cunningham »

We are a family of 4 spending a week on Tobago in late March, 05. Air Canada has changed our return flight to a 7.20 am departure from Port of Spain, and we now need to book an affordable room near the airport in POS for 1 night. Would appreciate any information and suggestions. We are travelling to and from Tobago on Air Tobago Express.
E.Conway

Port of Spain Accommodation needed near airport

Post by E.Conway »

You could try [Editor: Broken link removed] or a BB called Leo's Place at [email protected]. We are leaving the end of February for Tobago and also need to overnight in Trinidad and found the two places on this forum. Haven't tried either yet but both are near the airport.
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Leo's place is a good choice. Try to avoid the Bel Air. The only raison d'etre for this establishment is its location close to the airport. I would not even call it a hotel.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
George Cunningham

Many thanks E.Conway and Patrick for your response. EC have you booked yet and if so which one? and why! Patrick why so negative about the Bel Air is it not clean or reliable? How far from the airport are these two locations? We have a 7.20am flight to catch, how early should we be at the airport for check-in?
Really appreciate any advice you can share, this is our first visit to Trinidad and Tobago!
Thanks
George.
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Patrick Dankou »

Hello George,
your guess is right, Bel air is neither clean nor comfortable, it looks and feels like neglected army barracks, pardon my french.
Leo's place is about 15 min. from the airport and offers transfers for 15 USD (roundtrip). Haven't been there yet myself, but the feedback I got from my guests was always positive.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com
Bryn

Reccommend Normandie Hotel

Post by Bryn »

Apparently the Bel Air is a total dive. The Normandie is where we were going to stay on our last trip. We would up staying with family instead. My mother in law had us booked in at the Normandie and I trust her judgement. She's the one who said the Bel Air is horrid!

http://www.normandiett.com/

Nice to see another BC'er on the site!!

Bryn
Vancouver, BC
Ernesto Blokosso

Post by Ernesto Blokosso »

George, I stayed at Leo's in December and can highly recommend it. It is nothing special, but Leo is very nice, will pick you up at the airport, and his house was very clean. A short ride from the airport. He charged us $50 a night for the room with a bathroom and $15 total for the transport to and from the airport. He was very reliable. I believe his email is already on one of the postings here.

have a great time
Ernesto
George Cunningham

Many thanks to everyone who gave us advice. We have booked Leo's place for our stay.
Happy holidying to all.

Return to “General Accommodation”