How busy/full are accomodations in July?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ute

How busy/full are accomodations in July?

Post by Ute »

We( 3 adults) will be at Crown Point for 1 week during the first week in July. (Timeshare)
We are planning to stay approx. another week, but would like to stay in a different area and decide then where we'd like to stay.

We will be looking for a VERY reasonably priced apartment , or a guest house. What are our chances? Should we rather try to make ressies before or is the risk of not finding something relatively small?
Any advice is appreciated! :D
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

If you're going to rent a car, the village of Castera would be a great choice. The experience there is vastly different from the tourist-orientated atmosphere around Crown Point. It's a real working fishing village (see my post from last week under General Comments). The Naturalist Beach has 5 rooms plus a villa for rent. The largest of the room is Kingfish. Checkout their website for prices--very reasonable and right on the beach.
Ute

Post by Ute »

Thanks Joanne. I checked out your post and the Naturalist Beach website. It looks wonderful. If I 'll get the rest of my gang to agree..that will be my choice. Looks like you can snorkel right out on that beach too. Did u do that? Any other hints? Is there a store nearby to get groceries? A special restaurant with local food?
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Hi Ute,
Yes you can snorkel from the beach, the Naturalist is on the big bay, but a very short swim or walk takes you to the little bay where there is good snorkeling along the rocks to the north. Snorkeling companions in both bays often include rays! 8)
Yes there are a few shops selling basic groceries and a fruit and veg shop. There are several restaurants - all sell local food.
Search the forum for "Castara" and you will find tons more information. :D
Ute

Post by Ute »

Muchas gracias Julia,
Can't wait to go. Have been in Tobago 10 years ago and did some excellent diving at Speyside. I vaguely remember driving thru Castara, in fact there was a sign which was changed ( by stealing letters) from: Drive with care to: Dive with car...and another one: It's nice to be nice.
Did u fly into Tobago or did u take the ferry from Trinidad by chance? I understand there is a catamaran currently, but its leased from Canada and might not be functional when i get there. So I'm weighing options...fly....ferry...adventure..etc. I posted the qu and got advice to check with port authorities, but it's all old info.

Oh well. main thing I'll get there. Was it ur first time in Tobago?
Julia C.
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Julia C. »

Can't give you any information on ferry I afraid. From what I've read here though the ferry takes ages and isn't particularly enjoyable. We fly direct to Tobago from the UK.

Yes, our first time was last autumn - going back in 3 weeks and 3 days. \:D/
Ute

Post by Ute »

Oh ...now i'm envious :) !!! 3 weeks and a bit!

Have a wonderful time and let me know please if u encounter something..I should not miss
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Ute,The Cat is on six months trial from Jan2005
David
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Dear Ute,
Don't even think of taking the ferry! There's 12 flights a day from POS to TAB. It costs $US32 roundtrip and takes 20 minutes!

The restaurants in Castara don't do gourmet food, but the fish is freshly caught, and chicken is well cooked and the side dishes are wonderful. All that for $US8-12! The only restaurant that's more expensive is the Clay Kitchen, up the hill by the Blue Mango Cottages. Her food is very well cooked, but too expensive.
Ute

Post by Ute »

Thank you very much Joanne. Yes 32 bucks for a flight roundtrip is very reasonable. So I will check that out.
I'm glad to hear about the local fresh fish/chicken places in Castara. I am not interested in gourmet/expensive food. Fresh and local is what i really would like.

Return to “General Accommodation”