An accommodation quandry!

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
S Graham

Post by S Graham »

Hi

My partner and I just can't seem to decide where to stay in Tobago! We are going to a friend's wedding in/near Plymouth in Jan and will be staying at the Plantation Beach Villas but we are in a quandry as to where to spend our second week although one thing we have agreed on is that we would like to go somewhere different!
Without harping on too much, we want relaxation and tranquility and somewhere with great views but by the same token want to stay somewhere where we can wander to (or easily get to by taxi) a few bars, sample a few restaurants, do a bit of mingling, that sort of thing! I'm quite keen on Mount Hay Retreat but we are not sure how isolated this is and my other half is erring on the side of Hummingbird Heights but I'm not sure about Scarborough. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas for ideal area/accommodation for a couple of 30 yr olds with a budget of between £250 and £400 for the week, please let us know!

Many thanks
Sally
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sally

Chalk and cheese. The Mount Hay Retreat is very much more up-market, although Shirley, the owner of Hummingbird Heights will certainly show you the site and scene, if you can take the pace.

If you were looking for somewhere BEFORE the wedding, then Hummingbird Heights would be a good choice. However, you are talking of top-market with Plantation Beach Villas and Mount Hay Retreat and I am worried you would find the Scarborough location a dissapointment after Grafton Beach. While you're at Plantation Beach Villas, when facing the sea the Mount Hay Retreat will be almost directly behind you - but way up in the hills. Only about half-a-mile as the crow flies, but you're not crows, I guess.

All I can say is that you're going to find anywhere hard to beat after a week at Plantation Beach Villas, but at least Mt.Hay will be a totally different scene. If you've got your own transport (or don't mind relying on taxis) it would be a very nice contrast.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
S Graham

Post by S Graham »

Thanks Steve, we know our first week's accommodation will be hard to beat but it is stretching our wallets somewhat! Are there other areas that maybe worth considering (we have also been thinking about Charlotteville/Castara/Speyside) bearing in mind our requirements?

Thanks
Sally
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Personally we loved Hummingbird Heights,it has a definate 'Real' feel to the place as well as being very relaxing and we're very much looking forward to returning in Feb 06. :D

Return to “General Accommodation”