Another First Timer...

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Andrew Mcinnes

Another First Timer...

Post by Andrew Mcinnes »

Hi everyone and wow! Just like this site I am sure that Tobago is going to be brilliant. My girlfriend has been before for a few days whilst island hopping around the Carib a few years back but I have never set foot in the Caribbean. We have booked flights for late January for a week and are looking at some beachside self catering in either Castara or near the airport. I am imagining that the airport area is not exactly Terminal 3, Heathrow is it? Also, if you go to Castara is there enough to go to a few bars or out for a meal or two? Thanks in advance to anyone can help...cheers, andrew
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andrew

Welcome aboard and thanks for the comments! :lol:

What a difference - near the airport or Castara. Chalk and cheese!

No, the airport is not exactly Terminal 3. More like Preston Flying Club.

Don't think of bars in the conventional sense, but you'll certainly not go short of a drop or two with convivial company in Castara. There's also an increasing number of restaurants - but be prepared to accept that the range of food is not wide.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

wider again! since the boathouse is finally open again since a few weeka and you can choose between up to 7 main dishes sometimes... with 5 sidedishes that are not only the usual pasta pie and rice...
last week I was sitting there with some touristes and they had the choice between king fish, chicken stew, curry goat, shrimps, prawns, crab and lobster... prepare yourself to the new menu in castara, steve :lol:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Me mouth's watering already Brian.See you next Thursday!
David(less than a week at last \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ )
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

see you then! guess loosing weight is not going to happen again.... gooood food, carib... I know what I'm talking about. :wink:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Tiff Lynch

Self catering accomodation

Post by Tiff Lynch »

Welcome aboard and I hope ur stay will be most enjoyable. There are loads of self catering places near to airport. I can only comment on one I have I stayed in though, which is Douglas Appartments. Bon Accord.
I was given the details by a friend who lives on the island, Knowing I wanted to be near Pigeon Point as I was diving with R&Sea Divers. If you look on the acc section I have written a little report about it. All I can say is that it was very reasonable in price and the size of the appartment was very spacious. Some places have the minimal kitchen facilites but these have everything you need. Even a microwave, proper cooker, with pots.... Sometimes lacking in other places.... kettle, iron and a tv. We shall be back there New Years Eve. The owner is Joanne and she will be more than happy to help.

Return to “General Accommodation”