"Your Beach House Awaits You" in Parlatuvier

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Florian Jeschke
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

"Your Beach House Awaits You" in Parlatuvier

Post by Florian Jeschke »

Hello there!
I visited Tobago in the years 1996 to 1998 and stayed three times in a small house next to the beach in Parlatuvier. At these times we rented it from a german friend of mine, who lives there.
This year (after 7 years of totally zero holidays) a friend and me stayed in Castara, because we could not get any affordable accomodation in Paralatuvier.
So, here is my question:
Does anybody knows the owner of the so called beach house right know. It is shown on a postcard!
Pleas help me!
Iris Burris
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: "Your Beach House Awaits You" in Parlatuvier

Post by Iris Burris »

Dear Florian,

Just to make sure we are talking about the same accommodation. When you stand on the jetty and look to the beach it is on your left hand side, correct? I think the official name of the property is "Carrington's Holiday Home". The owner's name is Mrs. Rica Carrington and her phone number is: +868-639-6580. Hope this helps and that you will get through.

Iris
Florian Jeschke
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hello Iris!

Yes, this is the correct house. Do you know something about it. Im asking because its a long time ago, since I stayed in this house?
Do you know the prices I had to pay for a week?
Iris Burris
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Iris Burris »

Hi Florian,

I wonder if anything in the house has changed. I doubt there were any updates / renovations made. So you should find it in the same condition as you left it years ago I suppose... I had friends of mine staying there last year and to be honest with you, everything looked a bit "ancient". Don't get me wrong, everything was clean and everything worked and of course the location is great, but I thought it could have done with a little face lift. If I am not mistaken my friends paid around USD40 per day which is really good taking into consideration the marvelous location (if you are traveling alone it is less). To get the exact details, availability etc. you better call Mrs. Carrington. She is a very nice lady and very patient with all the questions you might have.

Iris
Paul Turnstill

Post by Paul Turnstill »

hi all great website

looking to stay in this accomodation in january, if im not mistaken i think its the "seashells" that is advertised on this website. alas no reviews from previous occupants.

noy particularly bothered if the place is a little ancient as long as it is clean and has the necessary facilities we will be happy.

what about the area? in the current climate how safe is it being so remote?

many thanks in advance

paul
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard! Yes, the property being discussed in this thread is now called Sea Shell. Sorry, but I am not familiar with it personally and can't tell you anything about the property.

Parlatuvier is a very quiet area and I've never heard of any security issues there, so I'm sure you can look forward to a quiet and peaceful holiday.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Turnstill

Post by Paul Turnstill »

many thanks steve on your very quick reply.

63 days and counting :lol:
Florian Jeschke
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi Paul!

It is not the same house, but I know you will have a great holiday. Parlatuvier is really, really nice. Try a visit to Dead Bay, you can reach it by foot, it is about a 2 hour walk(maybe a little less).
And if you see a small woman in her fifties in Parlatuvier, called Ruth, say hello from Father Flo.

Bless....
Iris Burris
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Iris Burris »

Hello everybody,
Florian is right. The house we spoke about earlier on this thread is not Sea Shell.
I think it is getting a bit confusing as the house listed as Sea Shell on myTobago is being advertised on road signs in Castara and Parlatuvier as "Toni's Guesthouse". Therefore when you get to Parlatuvier and ask for Sea Shell I doubt that presently anybody can give you directions.
Paul, Parlatuvier is lovely. It is very quiet and also safe and if you love to eat fresh fish, this is definitely the place to be. Enjoy your holidays.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks Iris

Yes, you are quite right. Sea Shell is the new name of Toni's Guesthouse. It is still owned by the same Wallace family, but now managed by Dale Wallace, who changed the name from Toni's to Sea Shell.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Florian Jeschke
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

So, next year we will come for our sixth trip to Tobago. Anyone here who have informations on the little beach house in Parlatavuier? Unfortunately the telephone number of Miss Carrington is not working. Please help us!

Return to “General Accommodation”