Parlatouvier or Charlottesville?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Amber

Parlatouvier or Charlottesville?

Post by Amber »

We are planning a trip to Tobago for April for two weeks and want to go back to Castara for a week (where we have been before and loved it). Then I can't decide whether to go to Parlatouvier or Charlottesville for the second week. We like the remote rustic Tobago away from tourism. Can any one give a view on both these places...By the way we have 2 kids age 4 and 7..
Thanks!
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Parlatouvier or Charlottesville?

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Amber, If you want some place that is not touristy I would would say try Parlatuvier. Charlotteville is more like Castara. The beach in Castara is much nicer except for Pirates Bay. It is quite a walk down to and back up from Pirates Bay. In Parlatuvier the beach is also nice and you can , depending were you stay walk or drive to it. You are also close to Englishmans and Bloody Bays. There is a waterfall close to Parlatuvier. This year I have to say I am a little disappointed in C-ville, the Beach Bar has been going 3 nights a week till 3:30- 4 AM. They crank the base up after 1 AM and even louder after 2. The dishes in my cupboards rattle. Depending on where you would be staying you might have a hard time getting your kids to sleep. I can't sleep even with ear plugs so I just stay up and read. If you do decide on C-ville the music is for sure on Friday night and has been on Sat and sometimes on Wed. Hope this helps, Phil
Amber

Post by Amber »

Dear Phil,
Thank you so much for this advice - that is a really helpful warning! I think I will opt for Parlatouvier if I can find good accommodation there that is available or even stay in Castara for both weeks....
Thanks again - your message really helped me make up my mind!
Hope you get some sleep!
All best,
Amber
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Amber, This is Wed. no music tonight but their are planning on having it Friday and Saturday. I was in Castara yesterday and asked how the noise was. I was told by an English lady who does not like load noise(music) that it was really quite she had been there a week. Maybe I should move.

There is a nice villa in Parlatuvier on a hill a short distance from the beach. I have never been there but it looks nice. I was watching it being built over the years and I remember seeing pictures on here but I can't remember the name. The waterfall is almost right across the road. Phil
Amber

Post by Amber »

Hi Phil, Thanks for your message and I am glad Castara isn't noisy! Is the house you are thinking of in Parlatouvier called Tamarind House? Yes it looks amazing on the website but not sure in our price range but I am going to enquire.
Thanks again for all your help!
Amber
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Amber, Yes Tamarind House is the one I was thinking of. I see under My Tobago's Aaccommodations for Parlatuvier that there is a place called Sea Shell. The pictures look nice, if I get a chance I will stop in and check it out. It appears to be right on the beach and the price seems quite reasonable. Gloucester Place is really nice we also watched it being built. It has a fantastic view and pool. With kids it would be a long walk into the village. Phil
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Amber, I did get down to Parlatuvier and checked out Sea Shells. It is pretty nice has a great view and is priced good. There are 4 apartments, 2 down and 2 up that have connecting doors. The 2 up have decks that might not be good for little kids, there are railings but I think small kids could get through. I think they are avaliable in April. The lady who takes care of them is Joanne and her direct number is 868-333-6109. Easy 50m walk to the beach. Phil
Amber

Post by Amber »

Hi Phil, Thanks so much. That is so kind of you to check out Seashells and it does sound good. I am now thinking though that it may be better to base ourselves in Castara for the whole two weeks and do day trips to other places. We are staying in the little house on the hill in Castara and with two kids it is probably better to have a base for the whole time. Do you know how long is it to drive to Paratouvier from Castara? Is it a scary drive with lots of high winding roads?
Thanks so much again for your help and advice!
Amber
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Amber,ten/fifteen minutes easy drive,but watch out for cattle on the road!
Castara is a perfect choice,the village is beautiful,the people marvellous,oh I could go on and on!
Enjoy,and you will.
David :D 8)
Susanne Thomsen
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Susanne Thomsen »

Hi Amber.

I would to every time prefer Castara. We have two small girls and a big girl, and they love Castara.

It is no problem to drive to Parlatovier or Englishmanns Bay, jut 10-15 min.

There are no noise at all in Castara, only from the chicken hehe and sometimes a dog. There is many children locals, they can play with on the beach, and your children will love it.

Our small girls have some very good friends, and iff we are on the beach, and the children are going from school, they play together.

Hope you can use this information.

Susanne

Return to “General Accommodation”