FAO Accommodation owners in Tobago!

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

FAO Accommodation owners in Tobago!

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hi people,

I'm guessing many of you have been hit by the drop in Tourism this year, and - if it hasn't occurred to you already - I wanted to suggest that perhaps you ought to look into Long Term Rental. Tobago is desperately short of long term rental options and I still know a few people who are looking for somewhere to rent long term. If any villa owners are interested, an English couple I know well, are looking for a 3+ bedroomed villa (preferably with pool) anywhere from Bacolet down to Crown Point, and are looking to sign for a year (minimum). I can vouch for the fact that they're good tenants. Another couple are looking for something similar (though they don't have kids, so can go with a smaller place). These aren't isolated cases either. If you look through this website, you'll see several queries by people looking for long term rental. I know from when I last considered moving, there are very few exceptions as people get more money from short term rentals... but not if people aren't renting them, they don't! Less money regularly is better than no money often!

If anyone is interesting in renting out long term, I'd be happy to put them in touch with the people I know who are looking. I'm not doing this as a business, I'm purely looking to see if there are people out there who can be linked up with people here. I'm not an agent, I'm not trying to make a business out of this, it's simply to see if I can help - Besides... I might be looking for somewhere new myself shortly, and it'd help to know the market situation!

If anyone wants to contact me via mytobago, I don't have a problem with that (assuming that Steve doesn't either!), but if they - or Steve - would rather, please e-mail me on Lisa1910 at yahoo dot com (without the spaces!).

Thanks!
Lisa.
DanuIseult

Re: FAO Accommodation owners in Tobago!

Post by DanuIseult »

Hi Lisa
I wonder whether you had any luck with this post as I am looking to rent somewhere for three months mid December to mid March. I have health conditions (M.E and SAD) which worsen in the winter and wish to return to T&T this winter to allay symptoms. I'd like to do this as cheaply as possible of course, but would like somewhere pleasant, perhaps with access to a pool, and certainly with access to a kitchen.
I would be happy with B&B, guesthouse or homestay style accommodation and would love somewhere renowned for friendliness where I might be able to really get to know the area via the owners and local people.
I will post elsewhere on here but thought that replying directly to your post might unearth a few options at once.
Best regards
d
:)
Lisa Keith
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: FAO Accommodation owners in Tobago!

Post by Lisa Keith »

Hi D,

No, to be honest, I didn't get any bites at all. I ended up staying where I was for six months, before returning to the UK at the end of last year.

Hope it works out for you - Good luck with your search.

Best regards
Lisa.

Return to “General Accommodation”