One night accomodation near Scarborough ferry

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Anna B

One night accomodation near Scarborough ferry

Post by Anna B »

Hello all out there.
Thank you for the very useful infos you give on this forum.
I have a question. In November we will be visiting Tobago and Trinidad for the 1st time. We arrive on the evening of the 8th of November in Tobago and aim to get the very early fast ferry on Monday morning, 9th November. can you tell me of a decent place where to sleep on that Sunday night very near the ferry port in Scarborough? thank you!! :-)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: One night accomodation near Scarborough ferry

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Anna

Welcome aboard! :)

There are no decent hotels actually in Scarborough. You might want to consider the excellent Bamboo Walk Hotel, which is located about 10 minutes drive from the port. Failing that, the luxury Blue Haven Hotel - which is closer in mileage, but not much less in driving time.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Hello Anna,
As you only want a place to sleep before heading off to the ferry, you can try contacting one of the Scarborough Bed & Breakfast places listed in this website www.tobagobedandbreakfastassociation.com.

Sorry, but I don't know the places from personal knowledge but as a guide, I would probably not go for the cheapest ones as there's usually some truth in the adage "you get what you pay for".
Good luck and I hope this helped.
Clyde
Anna B

Post by Anna B »

Thank you.
I have contacted Sandy's and Archers that are both listed on the B&B website you suggested.
The nearer I am to the ferry the better as I love my sleep: we need a simple, BUT decent place for the night...I could even board the ferry wearing my pyjamas... :D
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Hello Anna, as you like your sleep, here is another suggestion: the Ferry service says that passengers must check in 2 hours before departure, but this is not really necessary. If you arrive at the port 60 to 75 minutes before departure this is more than sufficient. I have actually seen people arrive less than 30 minutes before and still get on the ferry in time, but that was cutting it fine.
Hope this helps,
Clyde

Return to “General Accommodation”