Info request: Where to stay - Crown Point Area

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Christian Banks

Info request: Where to stay - Crown Point Area

Post by Christian Banks »

Wife and I are planning a trip to Tobago in January. I feel like I've spent a week reading the wealth of info. on this site, but still left scratching my head. So I request advice.

Our trips historically center around 3 things: diving, heat (we're from the cold north of Canada) and beach/good pool. We don't mind spending a bit more but generally travel on a semi-budget if possible. We're fans of preparing our own meals for breakfast/lunch and going out for supper, so throw in nearness to a variety of restaurants & a supermarket of sorts and we've got a dream vacation. Oh, and nearness to a dive shop.

Our Canadian dollar doesn't go so far as the pound or American dollar, so $50-100 US a night would be fine. A dive/hotel combo rate would be even better.

The specificity of above is an attempt to narrow the parameters, as I realise the request is pretty broad from the start. I thank anyone in advance who is kind enough to oblige a reply.
Joanne Kassie Foehner
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Joanne Kassie Foehner »

Hi Christian:

My family stayed at Johnston's Apartments which is a five-minute walk from the airport in March of this year. Our 1-bedroom apartment overlooked Store Bay and the apartment suited our needs of having breakfast and/or lunch in and dinners out on the town. Their prices were reasonable for 4 persons (C$117 taxes included) with daily maid service.

The only thing the kitchen lacked for us was a coffee maker but otherwise everything was great. So next time we're taking our own! Dive Shops were close by (at the entrance to Pigeon Point) but if you read the Rough Guide to Trinidad and Tobago there would be other listings.

Shopping at Pennysavers was a breeze - just take one of the local taxis for TT$2/3 (one way); or there is a grocery store along Store Bay Local Road in the direction of Sandy Point where you can pick up groceries.

Send them an e-mail and Ann Marie or Gerard (Johnston, the Owner).

What we especially liked about Johnston's was it took 30 seconds to get into the "warm" waters at Store Bay! If you are anything like me, Lake Ontario is a tad too cold for my liking.

Regards, Joanne

Return to “General Accommodation”