Guest House near Airport

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Lynda Taylor

Guest House near Airport

Post by Lynda Taylor »

19 days till we land in Tobago..... and counting.

We have just discovered though that BWIA have quoted their check-in time as 2-3 hrs for our flight to Miami via Trinidad and as its a 8.15am flight that makes for an awful early wake-up call to travel from Castara! We're now thinking of leaving Castara the night before and finding somewhere very close to the airport for one night, walking distance would be wonderful so that we can drop off the hire car the night before as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Only being there for probably 12hrs or so means we won't need any fancy facilities just somewhere safe and clean.

thanks

Lynda
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Hi there

The Bananaquit is pleasant and easy walking distance. The closest place is the Jetway Apartments (almost inside the terminal!) but they look a little basic, but I have not seen inside.

One problem you may face is that booking just one night is often unfavoured by establishments as they could potentially lose longer bookings plus have to clean sheets etc. You can only ask - there are plenty of other v close options - Store Bay Holiday Resort, Coco Reef etc etc etc.

By the way, the check in time for flights to POS is only about 45 mins to an hour, but domestic queues can be bad plus I imagine you will wish to check your luggage right through to (Manchester?)so minimum 1hr 30 mins pre-flight is my recommendation for check in.

Regards
Regards
Glyn Kirpalani
Joanne Kassie Foehner
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Joanne Kassie Foehner »

Linda: Try Johnston Apts. which is a 5 minute walk to the airport.
Regards, Joanne

Return to “General Accommodation”