honeymoon accomodation

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

honeymoon accomodation

Post by Ali »

hi everyone :)

I am on a hunt for the perfect or at least near perfect honeymoon destination. First and foremost the place must be CLEAN. A bathroom with a nice bathtub will be very nice.... but here's what will be a big plus: a totally PRIVATE pool or even a room with a private plunge pool would be good...but the key word here is PRIVACY. There might be some villas that will provide this but most villas are more than one bedroom :( ...We are open to suggestions of either all inclusive or self catering accommodation.
I don't know if my request is a bit too vague :lol: but if i get some suggestions it will be easier to narrow down the search.

thanks
Ali
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: honeymoon accomodation

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ali

Difficult, but only because virtually all rental villas are three bedrooms are more. So, that means checking out our Cottages & Small Houses listings. I've had a quick look and the only ones that I have personal knowledge of and/or can recommend, are Essex Cottage at Parlatuvier or Orchid Villa Cottage at Mount Pleasant. However, whilst both these properties have access to a pool, they are shared facilities and there may be other guests.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ali »

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the speedy response :o that's disappointing to hear though. Essex is way too far. I checked out Orchid Villa Cottage. There is really nice no doubt, but there were 2 downsides: the joined up beds instead of a full bed, and DOGS...the wife to be is terrified of dogs, good or bad!

I have my eye on Le Grand Courlan Resort. Specifically the room with the plunge pool. This sounds really inviting, though i have no idea what the plunge pool looks like since there aren't many photos available. Any thoughts on this?

Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ali

Hmmm! Friendly as they actually are, the Roties at Orchid Villa could be intimidating to anyone afraid of dogs.

To be honest, I didn't actually know that any room/suite at Le Grand had a plunge pool. Where did you hear/see that?
Steve Wooler
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ali »

Hope you can view this page:

http://www.expedia.com/Black-Rock-Hotel ... 011&rm1=a2#

Go down the list you will see Garden Plunge Pool Room. Maybe this is something new?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ali

Expedia are not noted for accuracy. I would not base any decisions on that feature until/unless you confirm it directly with the hotel.
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Ali,like Steve I know that area well and I cant think of anywhere that there could be a private splash pool.There is splash pool on the pool bar terrace and also a sauna/spa bath.
David :D
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ali »

Hi Steve

Ok according to Le Grand's website:
Choose from 83 air-conditioned luxury rooms in at the resort some with a private Jacuzzi surrounded by luscious gardens.....
So I am guessing the plunge pool refers to the Jacuzzi.... but I guess that might work. I'll have to look into it!

The most important thing is the place must be CLEAN.....I hope Le Grand conforms to that.
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ali »

David Watkins wrote:Hi Ali,like Steve I know that area well and I cant think of anywhere that there could be a private splash pool.There is splash pool on the pool bar terrace and also a sauna/spa bath.
David :D
Hi David. Oh thanks for that. I think there is a mix up between the terms plunge pool and a jacuzzi :?
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Ali,
what you are looking for can probably best be satisfied with a private villa which would have its own swimming pool. But you haven't mentioned the time frame, and how long you will be staying - during the high season villas would rent from $300 USD/day and up but if its a low season rental, and you are staying a week or more, you can sometimes negotiate a rate of $200 USD/day.
Clyde
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ali »

Villa Kiskadee it will be 8)

Thanks for the advice folks.

Ali
Richardus
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Richardus »

You can spend DAYS perusing all the places to stay in Tobago on this site. I know I have, I've actually made it a hobby. Reviews, pictures, reports, it's all here, Im sure you will find what is perfect for you and your newlywed!

Return to “General Accommodation”