Crown Reef Hotel

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Geoff Seabrook
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Crown Reef Hotel

Post by Geoff Seabrook »

We were looking at some photos of our honeymoon in Tobago in 1981. We stayed at the Crown Reef hotel and wondered what happened it. I've always assumed that Coco Reef was developed from it but looking at the original photos we are now not sure. Does any one know the answer?

Geoff

PS Lots of photos of Pigeon Point in 1981 with no one there except for us - fantastic :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Crown Reef Hotel

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Geoff

The Crown Reef did indeed become the Coco Reef Resort. The Crown Reef was purchased by John Jefferis in 1990, I believe. Four years of rebuilding turning it into the Coco Reef. Yes, it is very difficult indeed to spot the similarities. I would be very interested to see any photos you have of the old hotel. Perhaps you could email me at [email protected]? Thank you!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Geoff Seabrook
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Crown Reef Hotel

Post by Geoff Seabrook »

Thanks Steve. We stayed at the Coco Reef a few years back but did not recognize any thing. The most memorable thing about the old hotel was the view from the restaurant onto the fish swimming on the reef below. Very spectacular.

The photographs are on old 35mm slides but we will convert to digital format and then send you some of the more interesting ones.

Geoff

Return to “General Accommodation”