Where to stay for a first-time visitor

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
MikeInOhio

Where to stay for a first-time visitor

Post by MikeInOhio »

I'm planning a week long trip to Tobago in the late spring of next year. I'm trying to determine where to stay (what area). I would like something on the beach or very close (a view would be nice) - preferably a room with a small kitchenette or something like that. Once I figure out the area I'm sure I can find accommodations on this site - the reviews are a wonderful resource. Recommendations are always welcome, but I'm more concerned about selecting the area right now. I don't want to be secluded, rather be around some activity but don't want to compromise too much on a nice beach. I would like to be able to snorkel too. It would be nice to be near restaurants, grocery, car rental and so forth but a short drive for those things is ok too. I'm the type of beacher that likes to relax on the beach, swim/snorkel, take long walks, enjoy sunsets & so forth. I don't need a lot of distractions otherwise but still like to have some things around me if that makes sense. Thanks for any suggestions.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: Where to stay for a first-time visitor

Post by David Watkins »

Mike,I would recommend Castara, Alibabas, Boatview and the Beach house are right on the beach and the reef comes up to the beach
Bar restaurants,shopping car hire all available in the village.A definite recommendation
David
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Mike-- I agree with David. Stay in Castara!! If you want to experience the real Tobago, DON'T STAY IN THE CROWN POINT AREA!! We stay at the Naturalist Beach, which is just around a small point from Heavenly Bay, where the small reef is. It's an easy swim to the reef & there's more people-watching (and easy walks to resturants & bars) on the Big Beach, rather than Heavenly Bay. Both places have kitchenettes, so you'll be fine. Really, anywhere in Castara is fine -- easy walks to all points. Castara has it's own web-site -- check it out!

By the way, we're fellow Buckeyes from the Akron area & are currently planning our 4th. trip to Castara. Feel free to email me with any questions. Joanne Green
MikeInOhio

Post by MikeInOhio »

Joanne/David:

Thanks so much for the recommendations - looks like Castara is my target! Any thoughts on how far out I should book for this? I'm planning on going sometime in April, 2012.

Joanne, nice to hear from a fellow Buckeye! I'm in Columbus myself.

Mike
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Mike- If you have your plane reservations, then there's no reason not to book now. People tend to book the good places (or in the case of the Naturalist, the best rooms) early.

Return to “General Accommodation”