Villa or Hotel?

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Patricia
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Villa or Hotel?

Post by Patricia »

Hi everyone. I am so glad this board is available for tourists to help answer questions and get information!! An invaluable resource, really. Thank you in advance.

I wanted to inquire on if its best to rent a villa or stay at a hotel during my stay in Tobago. I will be spending 6 days there and have made reservations for one of the better known hotels on the island, however, I've since realized villas are an option. I may be traveling on my own. Are villas generally safe for single women? What are the better and safer areas to rent villas on the island?

Thank you!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Villa or Hotel?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Patricia

Welcome aboard! :D

If you are staying for just 6 days, then it is no contest - stay at a hotel. With so little time, you don't want to be spending time shopping for groceries and cooking and a villa will seem awfully lonely if on your own. To be honest, I'm not sure that I would recommend a villa for a single woman.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Patricia
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Patricia »

Thank you, Steve. The hotels are so expensive though! And if there is any truth to the reviews on TripAdvisor, there aren't that many great hotels in Tobago. I'll be traveling in high season (December). :(
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Patricia

True, it is a small island and there isn't a lot of choice. Please see the Hotels section of our Accommodaiton section and read the reviews here - not on TripAdvisor which being an unmoderated board is largely the last refuge of the discontented and malcontent. You'll get a MUCH more accurate picture of customer satisfaction here.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “General Accommodation”