Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) update

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) update

Post by Steve Wooler »

Having missed my anniversary last week it is no surprise to find that I missed the 10th birthday of this website on 22nd April. Such is life! It will be interesting to see which of the two gives me the most grief for my remiss - myTobago.info or Beloved!

Hospitality owners (and keen-eyed readers) may spot that the number of votes shown as voting in our Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) polls has drastically reduced for some properties. I introduced the current system of allowing guests to post reports and vote for the property directly in the Accommodation listings, without having to register a forum account, at the end of August 2005. Each properties RSR score included both the new style awards, plus the cummulative score from the old system. These old scores have now been removed from the calculation. Given that all such scores are 7 years or more old, they are frankly irrelevent.

The total weighted RSR score shown for each property is therefore based entirely on votes/reports made since September 2005 and the individual RSR score of each post is shown against each post in the Accommodation listings (sorry - too much work to modify the forum to show them in the Guest Reports there). Please note that although the RSR award is shown against each post, old votes are largely discounted in the calculation of the weighted final total.

So, if you are a property owner and wonder why the number of votes shown in your weighted RSR score has dropped, then it is simply that votes prior to September 2005 have been discarded. As would be expected, the actual weighted RSR for each property has not changed materially in the vast majority of cases.

Now, I better go and do penance for forgetting important dates. :oops:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) update

Post by David Watkins »

'Tis called "Old Age" olde man............................. But I am sure the Boss will forgive you.After the correct penance is paid
David :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Accommodation”