Advice for first time traveller

Questions or comments should be posted in the property's own sub-forum, below. Use this sub-forum for general accommodation questions and comment. Please DO NOT post accommodation reports in the forum. Reports should be posted in the property's listing in the Accommodation section of the main site, where you will also be able to include a Satisfaction rating with your report.
Lee Ann Seaman
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Advice for first time traveller

Post by Lee Ann Seaman »

My family of four is planning an August trip to Tobago. We like adventure and nature. I am trying to decide between an upper carribbean property( Bloody Bay) or lower caribbean (Black Rock). We have found a house "Coastings" which is available and a villa at black rock dreams. Any suggestions on where t set up home base. We will rent a 4x4 and explore the island as well. Interested in snorkeling, hiking, relaxing. I would love any advice!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Advice for first time traveller

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Lee Ann

Welcome aboard! :D

The two properties you mention are chalk and cheese!

I have no knowledge of Coasting and can't comment on the accommodation provided. However, it is the only visitor accommodation in a very remote area. Dining out or shopping is going to involve a 15/20-minute drive to Castara - and even then, only for basics. For nature lovers, Bloody Bay is possibly an idyllic location. However, unless you are very familiar with Tobago and appreciate the remoteness of the location, I would have serious reservations.

Black Rock Dreams couldn't be more different. We can only speak for 3 of the units in the complex - Mahi Mahi Suite, Chaconia Suite and Flamboyant Suite. We spent a week at Mahi Mahi in 2011 and were so knocked out with it that we returned this March and spent two weeks reviewing Chaconia and Flamboyant. By coincidence, I published our reviews last night. I can only speak for and recommend these three apartments at the complex. Yes, they are apartments rather than rental villas, but believe you me, we've found exceptionally few villas on Tobago that offer the same levels of accommodation combined with a stunning and convenient location. To be honest, it would be no choice for us.

Unless you REALLY understand and appreciate the implications and practicalities of staying in a remote location, I would have to advise caution. This in no way is a reflection on Coasting villa itself.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lee Ann Seaman
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Lee Ann Seaman »

Thank you Steve!
JoeHatchard
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor