Guest Report

Friendly small apartment house in Charlotteville (listing)
Gavin Parsons

Guest Report

Post by Gavin Parsons »

When we arrived there was some confusion with our booking but the lady next door (wonderful women) sorted everything out and we ended up with a nice room on the top floor.
The room was clean and looked after and the kitchen was well supplied with utensils. We were off season, so the staff were hard to find, but that was never an issue.
We enjoyed the village and found the people very approachable. Some of the store owners are a bit aloof but that seems to be normal in T&T. We enjoyed our hikes over to Pirates Bay and our afternoons laying on the beach and snorkling. My wife even made friends with the beach dogs.
The local beach entrepeneur, whose name escapes me, was very informative and let us use the chairs for free the day he wasn't coming.
We drove to Speyside to watch a very spirited football match between the two rival cities. We sat in the stands and cheered with the fans for Charlotteville.
The only downside is the roosters and the loud rap music, but I think that goes with being in any community in T&T. Bring your earplugs if you want to have a good sleep.
We were awakened one night about 5:30 A.M by a large school bell being rung just outside on the street. It seems some women had just had a religious epifheney and decided to share it with the world. It makes for great travel stories.
I would go back again, we enjoyed Charlotteville and highly reccomend "Top River Pearl"

Return to “Top River Pearl”