Likley Weather Expected June 05-advice please

Weather reports, questions and comment.
M Smith

Likley Weather Expected June 05-advice please

Post by M Smith »

Hello!
My Partner and I have booked 2 weeks in Tobago from 24th June 05. Since booking we have been rather uneasy about whether we have made the right decision regarding the time of year and weather. We have been told that the dry season so far this year has been in parts the wettest for 150 years! (simplytobago told us this) So... we are not really sure what to expect! Is the wet season likley to be wetter than usual also? or is it simply impossible to say? Have we made a bad decision?
Any advice would be gratefully received!
Many thanks
M Smith
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi M

Welcome aboard! :lol:

As anywhere, it is anybody's guess about the weather. Yes, the last wet season went on several months longer than anyone expected and was the wettest for an awful long time, but that ended around the middle of January. Conditions have been fairly seasonal since then. Of course June is the start of the next wet season, but with a bit of luck it should be no worse than normal - in other words, short sharp bursts, mainly at night.

Don't worry, you'll have a great time.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
M Smith

Post by M Smith »

thanks Steve for the advice, we feel relieved!
Madeleine
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

June is the best time of year ... typically ... and if I could visit Tobago at that time of year I would.

The seas are normally calm too in June and, for snorkellers/divers, this is the best time for underwater clarity.

The 1st June is the official start of the hurricane season and I guess that is why many believe that this is the official start of the wet season.

The wet season does not normally get it's act together until mid/late July in Tobago, although as Steve says you can experience abnormal conditions of which therr have been plenty over the last 12 months.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Weather”