Is October 2006 a good time to have a wedding?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Kate C.

Is October 2006 a good time to have a wedding?

Post by Kate C. »

Hi!

My fiance and I are planning our wedding and honeymoon for Tobago (hopefully in October 2006). I have read so many conflicting reports of weather. Are we going to be drenched in rain and unable to enjoy outside activities if we go in October? Would the first part of the month be better than the second? I'm not totally opposed to changing dates if the weather will be awful. Of course, we are going to want to spend most of our time outdoors, and I want to go when the best weather is predicted!

Have you ever travelled to Tobago in October? Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,
Kate
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Kate

I would say that you would be very unlucky to have more than 2 rainy days in any 2 week period in Tobago at anytime of the year ...

It could rain everyday but these would be short sharp showers and most Tropical environments like Tobago have rain on most days ... otherwise the sun is out most of the time.

October is during the rainy season but, to be honest, it is generally more humid at that time of year than in the dry season between December and May.

The only weeks that really stand out in my memory as very rainy over the last 2 years are the first 2 weeks of November ... but you cannot rely on past experiences unfortunately.

Under the miscellaneous section of myTobago there is a detailed section on Weddings and Wedding services ... plus lots of ideas to help you plan.

I hope you have as much fun planning it as you have on the big day ... best of luck.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Kate C.

That's good news!

Post by Kate C. »

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the information. I'll definitely continue reading all of your weather information up to our trip!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

No probs Kate ... update this post nearer the time to remind me when you have a date fixed ... I will do what I can to give you some accurate forecasts ...

... within 7 days.

I saw Steve's reponse to your query in the Weddings section ... so if you are planning to have the cermony on a remote beach, let me know ... I'll check the wave swell forecasts if you take any boat trips.

Will do all I can to ensure your day is perfect ... as long as you don't mind me watching from the eye in the sky !!

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Kate C.

Post by Kate C. »

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate your help!

Return to “Weather”