Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Nick Horne

Guest Report

Post by Nick Horne »

Hi there. After having read some of the reviews on this site we (=2 adults + two big kids) were concerned what we might find we we got to the hotel. No need. The hotel is in a really beautiful spot and well located for trips in all directions (top tip - hire a car - it saves you loads of money compared with the tours).

The hotel staff are really friendly and the rooms (ours were at ground floor so straight onto beach from patio)were big and mostly fine. Sure the bathrooms all need a good refurb and will win no prizes, but that was no big deal. Some things could have been improved. We had to politely complain about a couple of bathroom problems in our two weeks. But the maintenance guys were quick to sort things out - and like nearly everyone else we met on the island - they were a pleasure to chat with. My only other concern would be that my son got a sickness bug from the swimming pool - so don't swallow the water. If fact you're better off in the sea which is fantastic. But these were not big issues in an otherwise brilliant holiday. Although we were not all-inclusive, we ate in the hotel quite a few times. And the food was very good - better than I was expecting, and plenty of it.

If you're the fussy type then you probably will find plenty to put you off. But if you know how to smile, have a good time and chill with the locals then you can't really go wrong. And Tobago is completely fab.

Return to “Starfish Tobago”