Paul -- Is an earthquake considered "weather"?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

I have noted that a string of at least 37 moderate to strong earthquakes have been recorded around the Leeward and Virgin Islands since a magnitude 5.3 Earthquake last Thursday on 2nd March.

This area is quite prone to Earthquakes but 37 of them in a few days is a sequence of events worth noting in the Caribbean (i.e.; something is shifting!).

A quick check on nearby Monserratt indicates steady growth of the volcano's lava dome and possible gearing for another eruption event ... can never tell if such events can be connected ... but thought I should post this for the benefit of anyone considering trips to these areas.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Sharon E

Post by Sharon E »

We had a small one in Port of Spain when I was there Thursday that you could feel very slightly but nothing major yet. As long as its not Kicking Jenny playing up not too worried :shock: .
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Gisela Grell »

By the way Sharon and Paul, are there any neys about Kick'em Jenny?
I heard about in in 2002 when I was sailing from Greneada to Martinique and everybody was begging her not to errupt.

Is she still moving?

Cheers
Cheers
Gisela
a.k.a. Shorty
see some pics on http://www.gisela-grell.de
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Another 3 quakes today.

Kick 'em Jenny?

She has a little growing to do ... Kick us alot in due course ... but maybe another paradise in the making for future generations?

Monserrat seems to be the main melting pot in the Caribbean right now.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Jenny :-)

Post by Gisela Grell »

Thanks Paul for the information.

the people in Grenada and Union Island called it Kick'em Jenny when I was there in 2002. I bougth a post card in Grenada with a map of all the islands and on this its written like this (I still have it as a prove) :wink:

They were very afraid that it would erupt while it is still under water what would trigger off a big Tsunami all over the Caribbean Islands.

Hopefully it will grow quick and - as you wrote - bring us another paradise island.

Cheers
Cheers
Gisela
a.k.a. Shorty
see some pics on http://www.gisela-grell.de
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Volcano lovers

No wonder I have been seeing strange clouds in the Sat Loops.

Monserrat has been erupting again this weekend ... or rather, a major dome collapse has sent huge volumes of ash into the atmosphere.

There are so far no reports of casualties as this event has been expected for some time.

Regards
Paul Tallet

Return to “Weather”