Weather next week?

Weather reports, questions and comment.
Jessica Hawes

Weather next week?

Post by Jessica Hawes »

Hi, i'm travelling to Tobago with my fiance this coming Saturday. This will be our third visit to the Island and your website has always been exceptionally helpful for reviews on hotels and restaurants etc. I have finally got round to making a post myself! We have stayed at Toucan Inn and Conrado beach resort before and I will make an entry for the benefit of others a bit later.

My main concern however is the rain indicated on your 5 day weather forecast! Is it heavy and regular? Or just showers? The BBC weather service shows bright sunshine and not a drop of rain. Can you give me a bit more of an idea what to expect? I do recall sitting under a beach hut in a towel in torrential rain storms on Pigeon Point before, which was a bit miserable! :evil:

Finally, one of the main reasons we love Tobago is my fiance is a keen windsurfer, so I must ask, how is the wind on Pigeon Point?

Jessica.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Welcome Jessica.

The rain is mostly showers ... they normally last less than 30 minutes and most showers fall overnight.

My update yesterday indicated a 'risk' of more showers and, in fact, most of the wet weather has gone to the north of Tobago.

The weather in recent weeks has been very good but as with everywhere it can break down occasionally.

The wind on Pigeon Point is almost constant at this time of year ... my last check of the wind forecasts indicated 18 - 20 knots over the next week ... you should feel this in open spaces.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Wendy G

Post by Wendy G »

Whats weather usually like in early may,cus i'm going may 4th! :?:
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Wendy

You should expect good weather in May ... I have been quoted as saying this before last year I think when last May (2005) was not so good.

All year round you can expect good weather and sometimes you could be unlucky if you have 2 days of rain in one week.

Otherwise, sunshine and showers.

Watch out for the Liquid Sunshine weekly update on the Saturday before you go.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Gisela Grell »

Hi Paul,
(how about the "mossie killing" underpants?) and thanks for the good weather forecast for May. Looks like I can make it to Togabo then and will blame all bad weather on you :wink:

Mandy, maybe we can meet, when we are both there, whatch the "myTobago Visitor MEETING Board" at General Questions & Comments"

Cheers
Cheers
Gisela
a.k.a. Shorty
see some pics on http://www.gisela-grell.de
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi

I think the underpants are still for sale on eBay :-k ... very cheap !

May should be good ... it normally is but it was not good in 2005 ... so maybe the balance makes 2006 look better than last year.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Wendy G

Post by Wendy G »

Paul Tallet wrote:Hi

I think the underpants are still for sale on eBay :-k ... very cheap !

May should be good ... it normally is but it was not good in 2005 ... so maybe the balance makes 2006 look better than last year.

Regards
Hope so,this tropical holiday maybe just a one off for me,so want to remember it for GOOD weather!
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Hi Wendy

Never say that before you go to Tobago.

Tobago is so sublime ... I am sure this will be the start of many visits to come.

Regards
Paul Tallet

Return to “Weather”