Guest Report

2 apartments on outskirts of Castara.
J. Duemark/ R. Stubberud

Guest Report

Post by J. Duemark/ R. Stubberud »

We stayed at Sandcastles 9 days in August 2006, where we rent the whole 2-Bedroom Apartment on the upper floor. It was very clean, and we had a marvellous view, and even from the bed we could watch the sky with the stars and fireflies. On the backside of the apartment we had our own garden, ‘next door’ to the rainforest. For those who are bird lovers there are plenty of beautiful birds to watch from the verandas.
And the beautiful Castara beach was only a 5 minutes walk from Sandcastles.

The hosts Adam and Ria were nice and warm people and took so good care of us, they were always there for us when we needed help. We did also have the pleasure to play with their lovely little daughter Elisabeth. As we are dog-lowers it was an extra bonus with the three nice dogs Big Boy, Xina and Marbles, beside that it made us feel safe living at Sandcastles.

The flat was self-catering, but you could also order dinner in Adams small restaurant, and so we did some times. The Shrimps and the Tenderloin was marvellous, but the Pumpkin soup was our favourite. Together with a good bottle of wine it was a relaxed and homely atmosphere sitting dining at the terrace, and talking with Adam and Ria. We felt like having our own home, and were sad to leave the place and our friends Adam and Ria. We surely want to go back again.

We rent a car which made it easy to se other parts of the island. Tobago is so green and beautiful, and the people are very friendly.

We highly recommend Sandcastles!
Jytte and Roger
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hello Jytte & Roger,
We're returning to Castara this winter & are considering eating at Adam's restaurant. What is the cost in $TT's? Is there a choice of entrees? Any information you can give would be helpful.

Yours,
Joanne
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Joanne,Adam usually asks you what you would like(you have to give notice)or he will have a set menu.As he is a small restaurant he cannot(and should not) have to big a selection.I believe that a three course meal costs about $TT150!Extra for wines and drinks,of course.He also does a pick-up and return service.
David(in Castara in 10 weeks) :D
AdamHanlon

Post by AdamHanlon »

Hello, its the horses mouth...
........Adam.............
hi Jytte, Howdy Roger
It was lovely to have you as guests please visit again anytime ......Roger may even get to photo the humming bird next time..
..I do smile when it flys over my head or stops 2 feet in front of my nose as if to say .....has he gone then....
Hello David
How are you sir
It's been a while hope we get to sink a few caribs soon or even a pink drink.

Hi Joanne
Its not often i get to come on line so it was lovley to feel summond.
in answer to your question my starters run from 45 tt -to 85 tt
currently running 4 starters but i not sure if im allowed to list them so i wont.
Mains run from 120 tt up to 160 tt on the menu
this may go up if we discuss somthing very special.
We are currently running 6 mains.
Sweets run from 15tt to 40tt if you still have the room.
Unless your visit is after the new opening (fingers crossed for Dec.1st)
you will have to book in advance as at pressent we have limited space.

love to all
big huggs to jil
Adam
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Adam-

Thanks for the information. I've heard that you are a very good chef!! :) We will certainly call you when we get to the Naturalist Beach.

Joanne
Gill M

Post by Gill M »

Hi Adam

Yes, I'm sure my husband and I will be visiting you too!

Return to “Sandcastles”