Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Geoff Scammell

Guest Report

Post by Geoff Scammell »

We stayed at the Turtle Beach last month and had a really nice time. The hotel is fairly basic and is not 'luxury' by European standards. But it is clean, has all the ameneties you will need and the location is fantastic.

The two of us were allocated a family room which was very large - the bedroom easily accommodating two double beds - with a separate dressing area and a large bathroom. The decor, particularly the bathroom, could do with an update but everything functioned perfectly, including the very efficient (and quite) air con and the fridge.

The rooms are all set out in an arc along the beach so the hotel is effectively just one room wide. This means everyone gets a spectacular sea view and a nice balcony from which to enjoy it. Nothing better than to sit their as the sun goes down with a rum punch in hand watching the pelicans dive for their supper.

We stayed on B and B terms rather than all inclusive. I would recommend this as the restaurant is fairly small and the variety of dishes is somewhat limited. B&B gives the flexibility to sample the excellent local restaurants (don't miss the Seahorse Inn) and you can always purchase a meal at the hotel if you are too fatigued to travel after a strenuous day of lying on the beach.

All the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful and dealt with the any requests we had with the minimum of fuss. We will definitely be returning.

Oh, and if you are looking to have a great time book your trips with Keith and the A Team (no need to look for him, he will find you!). You are guaranteed to come back with a smile on your face.
Nisha Williams

Post by Nisha Williams »

Geoff,

Was it expensive on the occasions when you decided to buy an eveing meal from Turtle Beach? My boyfriend and I are staying room only but are interested in possibly buying a breakfast only plan and then occasionally eating there at night. Travle agent wants quite a bit extra for bed and breakfast option so hoping to sort once we are at the hotel :)

Return to “Starfish Tobago”