Guest Report

125 room budget all-inclusive hotel at Great Courland Bay (listing)
Mike Kennard

Guest Report

Post by Mike Kennard »

I went with my wife and brothers-in-law for a fortnight in February 2008. My second trip to Tobago, and not my last. Turtle Beach is a budget priced hotel and you can't expect 5-star accommodation and service, and we were well pleased with it on the whole. Lovely location, decent sized rooms, friendly staff (treat people with respect and you will get it back) and there was plenty of choice in the restaurant. Tea and coffee were awful, but that is what I have come to expect from Tobago (tip - take your own teabags!). Noisy aircon in the rooms.

We won't go back to this (or any other Rex hotel), however, because of the wristbands that you have to wear all the time. They're designed not to come off so everybody knows where you're staying, and by the end of the fortnight they are b..... irritating. Surely the company can find another way of identifying the all-inclusive guests?
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Ok, What's Your Problem?

Post by Brian Taylor »

they should... used to work at center parcs in europe, where you get a alminated card with your picture and the length of your stay. you show it whereever you claim the all inclusive offer. but some people might be annoyed if they have to carry that around...
solution: just don't go AI and go out and anjoy the dining out and bar experience all over the island :wink: (spreads the money to better between the locals anyway)...
notice: the rex is not the typical tobago!

hope your next holiday is more waht you had in mind
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Mike,another problem with the tags is when you do venture out of your complex you are instantly recognised as a tourist,and amongst certain people that means ---money to drain.Refuse to wear it,carry it in your pocket,whatever,after all it is your holiday,so have some freedom!
David :evil:
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

I guess they would not let you carry it in the pocket, because then you could give it to someone else who did not book AI to use... (that is why the AI=passes I mentioned must have a picture...).
steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

We couldn't take them off - they're designed to stay put. You get "branded" when you arrive! Ripping it off on the last day was quite satisfying.

Next time, self-catering!
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Good man---and without prejudice,try Seabreeze in Castara
Still col David

Return to “Starfish Tobago”