Little Tobago - what is it like?

Questions and comments about birding and rainforest tours
Amber

Little Tobago - what is it like?

Post by Amber »

Hello, has anyone been to the little island off Tobago where bird life is apparently amazing? Any advice on if it is worth visiting and how to get there?
Thanks,
Amber
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: Little Tobago - what is it like?

Post by David Watkins »

Amber,look at about and about or tours, the info is there
David :D 8)
RosieK
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Re: Little Tobago - what is it like?

Post by RosieK »

Amber,
We certainly enjoyed our trip over to little Tobago in December 07. I'm sure there are tours, but we'd been given the name of a reliable Speyside boatman by a professor, over for the weekend from Port of Spain, whom we'd met by chance and asked about Little Tobago. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the boatmans name. It's just a short boat ride over, then a steep and sweaty climb to the top of the island.

In December, the Red Billed Tropicbirds were nesting on the cliff tops, many of them just a couple feet from the paths. The beautiful birds were sitting on their eggs and didn't seem bothered by the proximity of people. It was also amazing to stand close to the cliff edge and watch the Tropicbirds and Frigate birds as they wheeled and soared around the cliffs. But not too close - it's a couple of hundred feet down to the rocks and sea! There were other sea birds there, but I'd have to refer to the photos to remember which ones.

Return to “Birdwatching & Rainforest”