Guest Report

54 room 2* budget hotel in Crown Point (listing)
Jenna Subiah

Guest Report

Post by Jenna Subiah »

I'll be straight forward I was disappointed. But i guess with the fall in tourism places like these can't afford to upgrade the facilities, so they just carry out basic maintenance to continue operations unless intensive marketing plans are put in place to increase income by increasing occupancy rate to facilitate upgrades.

Pros:
1. All inclusive available (in my opinion does'nt make sence if you're spending the days out)
2. Nice clean pool area with waterfall
3. Great view
4. Wonderful reception staff (Shivanee and Sade) and cleaning service
5. Stay in either the Superior or Deluxe rooms if you can
6. Allowed early check-in which was a big plus

Cons:
1. Staff appeared dejected and un motivated.
2. Battle between you and the ravens for your breakfast. The reviews on that did not lie.
3. Cable reception was beyond poor.
4. Furniture was either broken or badly damaged, sheets were frayed and the bedding was lets just say i'm glad i took sheets and towels and this was in the Superior room (58). Toilet and bathtub were stained, really stained. We placed a towel in the bathtub to stand to shower.
5. Take accomodation alone and buy food outside.
6. The website said irons and hairdryers were available thats not the case.
7. The hotel caters to about lets say 150persons, but the pool capacity is only 15
8. On the top floor overlooking the pool the ledge was full of debris from pruning the plants. They were left right there on the ledge so the view was beautiful if you just looked straight ahead.
9. The top floor with the Superior rooms corridor is
uncovered and the tiles are SMOOTH. You have to be extremely careful when walking when the tiles are wet or if rain falls. Be careful with children. We had our 3yrs old and his dad had to carry him its so slippery.

I doubt we would return in the future. But who knows things may get better.

Return to “Tropikist Beach Hotel”