Another great vacation

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Megan B

Another great vacation

Post by Megan B »

Just got back from a two week stay at the Coco Reef. This was our third time vacationing there in the last 4 years. Obviously, we love it or we wouldn't keep going back. :)

It was just as we remembered (if not better). The staff are all fabulous. The hotel is beautiful. The beach and ocean are what we enjoy the most. There are always lounge chairs available. The water is calm and clear and it is a natural aquarium. You'll see all types of tropical fish swimming in the bay and around the breakwater. If you don't have your own snorkeling gear you can borrow some from the dive shop on the beach (Undersea Tobago).

We always choose the BP meal plan (breakfast only) as we like to journey outside of the hotel to experience local cuisine at night. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoy breakfast. There is such a large variety to choose from I don't know how anyone could find fault with it. There is an 'egg' station where you can order eggs/omelets made to your liking, a warm foods station where you can find potatoes, pancakes, french toast, sausage, bacon, grilled tomatoes, etc. Fresh fruit, juice, baked goods, yogurt and cereal are also available. Toast is delivered to your table. We ate so much at breakfast that we didn't need to eat lunch most days. We enjoy watching the birds at breakfast. It was also very cool to see the owl and falcon the hotel occasionally brings in to keep the birds at bay (first time we've seen this at the hotel).

We also have some favorite places to eat dinner. La Cantina (right next to the RBTT bank next to the hotel) is a fabulous little place to get a wood fired pizza and a good selection of wine. Plus, they have a selection of gelatto for desert (not to mention the tiramisu was fabulous)! The prices are great too! There are so many pizzas to try you could eat here every night.

Dillons (also just a short walk from the hotel) is another great place. Hooked and Cooked (aka. the catch of the day) was always fabulous. I also tried the shrimp curry and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cafe Coco which is just a short walk away is another good place to eat. Unfortunately their menu hasn't changed at all in the 3 years we've been going there, but the food is good and it has a great atmosphere.

If your in Tobago, you have to try a Roti. You can normally find these in Store Bay (also a short walk from the hotel) or pretty much anywhere on the island if you have a car. It seems like every village has a Roti stand. I highly recommend giving these a try.

As for activities...

We highly recommend taking a boat trip or chartering a boat for a day with Cocomotion. This year we chartered Cocomotion twice and loved every minute of it. Marlin (owner) is very knowledgeable about Tobago and its history. He also knows how to grill up some delicious fish for lunch at No Mans Land (not to mention that his wife's carrot cake is to die for). Marlin is one of the few boat charters/snorkeling tours that actually follow the hotel rule of 'no soliciting on the beach'. So unless you see Cocomotion pull in/out with other guests from the hotel, you'll have to give him a call to set something up. The hotel can help you with this or just stop at the dive shop and tell them you'd like to set something up with Cocomotion and they'll help you.

Jet skis are also made available right at the beach. This is not affiliated with the hotel. We highly recommend locating Shawn for your jet ski rental needs or if you just want to get to know a local. He is a great guy!

It was another fabulous vacation at Coco Reef. I'm sure we'll be back again in the future.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”