car insurance

Transport-related questions and comment
terence humphrey
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

car insurance

Post by terence humphrey »

After having two wonderful weeks in tobago I would like to point out to new holiday parties, the pit falls of your travel around the Island. The first is the car hire insurance that in many cases is all down to you, you are ask to sign a form that gives them the right to take any damage cost directly from your bank by Direct Debit. I'm glad to say not all though.
I found one company that is very honest reliable and the owner realy friendly. The rental company is called Massive and the owner Larry lives up to that name in his open friendship to everyone. If you ask him he will tell you how he came by this name. Regarding taxi's they are quite exspensive, but the unofficial one's are very cheap, just stand at the side of the road, they will give a peep on the horn and if you rase you arm they will pick you up,usualy about 3 tt you get about 9
to the £1.00.
If you want to contact Larry his phone is 337-5588
Patrick Dankou
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: car insurance

Post by Patrick Dankou »

I can not recommend the use of unofficial taxis, they are not licensed and have no passenger insurance, in other words, they are illegal. Route taxis are as cheap as the "PH" taxis, you can easily identify them by their number plate, the first letter is H (as for hire car) and the driver's taxi license must be visibly displayed in the car.
Patrick Dankou
Yes Tourism - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”