Getting around whilst 21

Transport-related questions and comment
Ben Meadows
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Getting around whilst 21

Post by Ben Meadows »

Hello all,
The information on this site has been nothing short of extraordinary, so my many thanks go out to all who have posted info-good and bad!

I'm hoping to pull a miracle here though. I'm looking to rent a car or anything with motorized wheels while I stay in tobago the last week in July. I'm from the U.S. and so have been driving since i was 15, and am now 21. Are there any agencies that will rent a car?

Thanks in advance!

Ben
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Getting around whilst 21

Post by Ronald »

Prepare to be driving on "the wrong side", they drive on the left side of the road.

There´s car rentals nearby the airport, and I´m sure some from UK or US will give you more specific answers too. But add some info about where you will stay in Tobago, they will then be able to give you more specific advice.

Ronald
Frank and Mina
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Re: Getting around whilst 21

Post by Frank and Mina »

Prepare to be driving on "the wrong side", they drive on the left side of the road.
Maybe the wrong side for some but the good thing is that, as the cars were made for the Japanese home market rather than in Europe, at least the indicator stalk is to the right of the steering wheel where it used to be on most British built cars.

Oops, just remembered, that won't make much difference in Tobago where the right hand is never used at all for driving!

So don't expect too much by way of signals other than obscure arm movements which alternate between holding the roof on and sampling the 'coo bweeze' down by the door sills. That's if the right hand isn't holding a phone to the ear or food to the mouth. Dexterous is the appropriate word.

Frank

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”