Child Seat

Transport-related questions and comment
ClareKaya
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Child Seat

Post by ClareKaya »

Hi to all,
I'm off to Tobago on the 20th of Jan 2011 and will want to hire a car and will have my 2 year old son can anyone tell me which Car rental will be able to offer me a car seat. Will be staying in the Bon Accord area.
Many thanks a very excited
Clare :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Child Seat

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Clare

Welcome aboard! :)

All the reputable car rental firms offer child seats. Be warned that standards vary, so my advice would be to stick to the large, better-established services. Check our articles in menu Tobago > Car Hire/Getting About > Car Rental and/or our listing of rental agencies. When judging agencies, hold your mouse over the RSR ratings to see the number of votes making up the overall score. Clearly a 5-star (100%) rating from 1 user is possible very much less significant than a 4-star (80%) rating from a few dozen visitors.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
ClareKaya
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by ClareKaya »

Hi Steve,
Thanks for that Sheppy looks to be tha Man to go and see then, and not to far which is great.
On a different note we are a party of many ages from 65 down to 2 years, are there any places we should stay clear of. I would love to go of snorkelling with my Father but that would mean leaveing Nanny on the beach with 2 children. Could you suggest a good and safe place for us to do this. Have looked at Lovers and round that area and also Back bay but have also read a few nasty things about Back bay though not one to be put off as my holidays befor my son were in India and you can also read some bad things about there if you look on the net and it was a great place< but would be good to get your view.
Regards
Clare :D
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Clare

Clearly, like anywhere in the world, you will be 'safest' on the more popular beaches where the presence of other people will deter those up to no good. It is of course equally true that isolated beaches are more risky. Mount Irvine Back Bay is certainly beautiful, but I can only suggest visiting it in groups where the party includes two or three burly guys, as this will tend to scare off any chancers. To be honest, our Beaches guide is your best bet because I have commented there when/if I know of any security or other issues. One of our personal favourite beaches is Grafton (Stonehaven Bay) because it is fabulous for walking, big enough to swallow all tourists and make you feel alone, yet has enough traffic to be as safe as any beach on the island. Swimming can be 'boisterous' down the south-western end (towards Crown Point, etc), but is sheltered at the other end, adjacent to Black Rock Village. You can choose conditions to suit between the two. On top of that, you have the Grafton Hotel beach bar for food and drink.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”