Maxi taxi...

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Greggor McIntosh
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Maxi taxi...

Post by Greggor McIntosh »

Another question folks...I'm wondering about maxi taxis...I understand that they more or less run "fixed" routes..is it possible and or easy to get up to Speyside area from around Plymouth??
Can someone give me a rough idea how much it might cost...Plymouth up to Speyside...or for that matter...Plymouth or Black Rock into Scarborough??
Thanks in advance..
SandraK
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Maxi taxi...

Post by SandraK »

Hi Greggor
Admire your idea of cycling but would not go there in any way, shape or form ! Hire a car when you wish to travel about.
If that is not an option contact Yes Tourism , they will be more than helpful once you explain your needs.
Have a great trip !
Josefa Patience
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Josefa Patience »

Hello Greggor,

from Plymouth to Scarborough is not a problem. A bus is going this route I think every hour. Passing Mt Irvine Beach for just a few TT Dollars.
But going to Speyside you always have to go first to Scarborough bus station.
A bus ride ones to Speyside is fun but one time is enough. Maxi taxi or public bus what ever on the small roads. Some drivers driving like crazy, no thank you.

Josi
GervaisAlkins

Post by GervaisAlkins »

I like 75% of the world don't own a car. I ride a bike. And I use the bus whenever I have to go to Charlotteville.
The buses to Speyside and Charlotteville cost 8tt's and once inside offer great views of the coast.
So if you chose the bus options, take a car to Scarborough then go to the 'Temporary' Bus station (the station has been there now for more than ten years!) and purchase a ticket to Speyside. Easy!
Greggor McIntosh
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Thanks everyone...good to know....all information is helpful for sure..anybody know how often the buses would run and what the latest run would be back down to Scarborough from Speyside or up island?
GervaisAlkins

Post by GervaisAlkins »

I think the last bus leaves C'ville for Scarborough at 9pm.
Greggor McIntosh
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Alright...Thank you Gervais!!
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi

I support the idea of car rentals. Sometimes they doesn´t have drivers enough and than they simply cut a tour! They doesn´t have so many buses per day to Speyside, so if you are unlucky you does not even leave Scarborough or you might not have a return bus!

Return to “General Questions & Comment”