contact lenses store! Help!

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Michal
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

contact lenses store! Help!

Post by Michal »

Hello!

Today me and my two friends arrived at Tobago. Unluckily my friend lost his glasses in the sea during our first bath in the sea :( I feel really sorry for him becouse now he cannot see well and that makes his stay not as enjoyable as it should be :(
Is there any chance to buy a contact lenses here on Tobago? Or do you have any other idea how can I help him?:(

Looking forward Yours responses!
Michal
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: contact lenses store! Help!

Post by Ronald »

Hi

I also have glasses, and some years ago my own was broken just a few days before I was supposed to ge home. That was indeed a big problem as I could only read big lines and not what I´d see on the computer.

I don´t know what type of problems your friend have, but I went to a shop in Upper Scarborough but I don´t remember the name. I of course couldn´t get same type og glasses as I didn´t have any documentation with me, but I was able to buy reading-glasses, so I at least could read papers and so on.

One set of reading glaases was Ok to use when walking around, but not for reading smaller letters. But I´d go around that problem, I simoly bought two set of glaases and when I put them both on me, than I didn´t have any problems what so ever to read small types on newspapers, screens and so on! It did look funny of course, but I COULD READ!

No a days I ALWAYS bring with me my older glaases so I will have something to use in case bad luck is there. And also a sheap, but good, set of reading glaases when at the beach.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Michal

A lot will depend upon whether your friend knows his lens prescription. If not, he will need to go to an optician. There is one in Scarborough (speak to the manager of the hotel or property you are staying at - they will help you to get there). They almost certainly have glasses made in Trinidad, so there will be no quick fix, but if your friend knows his eye prescription, contact lens are certainly a possibility. It is always SO important to take a spare (old) pair of glasses when travelling. Good luck!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

hello,
uptown Scarborough,on the corner of Bacolet St and Main St(by the traffic lights)on the first floor is an excellent optician .He got me a pair of new specs in two days........and far cheaper than UK.

David
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Greetings David! Good to hear from you - hope you are in good health and spirits.
Steve Wooler
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Hello Steve,and the same to you .I am well and hoping to get to Tobago this winter,and how are you and the boss?
David :D
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Delighted to hear it, David. How wonderful that you've recovered well enough to get back to Tobago. That's really made my day!

We're well, thanks, and the boss is keeping me in check (and on my toes). :lol:
Steve Wooler
Rachel Crew
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Rachel Crew »

There is also an optician (Infinite Eyes) above Morshead Gourmet Foods supermarket, just off the Shirvan Road.
Rachel & Marlon Winter-Roach
CocoMotion - http://www.cocomotion.net
Michal
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Michal »

Fortunately our problem solved. Optical store was right behind the corner near our guesthouse in Crown Point! We found it the next day on the morning :) Now my friend see really well and can enjoy his stay on Tobago!

Thank you for all your support! :)
Michal

Return to “General Questions & Comment”