Guest Report

2 studio apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
D. Snagg

Guest Report

Post by D. Snagg »

My decision to go Tobago was completely spontaneous, the previous set date fell through, therefore I just went on instinct. i called to book the apt some two hours before the Ferry was scheduled to sail. To my pleasure Sonia, the owner and property manager of Fort Bennett, accommodated me, without a problem.
I was mot sure of the exact location, so on route, I called and she guided us until we reached. We knew we were there because Sonia was standing outside her gate looking out for us. She greeted us with a friendly smile and immediately showed us to one of the two apts/cottages on her property.

I must say the property is lovely, all around we were surrounded by greenery; coconut trees, lawn grass, beautiful flowers, small touches like flamingo statures, and even one of Budda. i could tell that Sonia takes great pride in maintaining the landscape and keeping it beautiful.

Inside the apt was quaint, many intimate touches done by Sonia. Perfect for a couple or someone travelling alone who is not expecting to many amenities but just the basics. Please keep in mind though that there is air conditioning but No TV, luckily i had a novel so i spent my free time reading and listening to the stereo. There is wireless access if you have a laptop.

I could actually here the sound of the waves beating the shoreline when at the apt, that is to say how close to the beautiful beach we were, five minutes walking distance.

On our last day Sonia came and sat with us and we struck up and interesting conversation about politics and other things, she was very friendly.
i will definitely be going back there.

Return to “Fort Bennett Apartments”