Problems at Tropikist Beach Hotel Resort...

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Ash_and_Jess
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Problems at Tropikist Beach Hotel Resort...

Post by Ash_and_Jess »

Good morning all,

I logged on to the mytobago site this morning and happened to notice an advert featured in the 'sponsor adverts' on the left hand side of the home page about the Tropikist Hotel, Crown Point.

The link on the advert leads here: http://www.holidayclaims.com/Our_Curren ... fAodMmM0QA

Is this a scam......?

Regards.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Problems at Tropikist Beach Hotel Resort...

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ash and Jess

I confess that I hadn't see this, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

It seems to be genuine. The advertiser is holidayclaims.com - a bunch of no win, no fee "lawyers" (I have a better name for them) allegedly based in the UK and Spain. I confess that I haven't heard anything about an outbreak of gastric illness amongst guests staying at the Tropikist in August, so I can only wonder if it is a fishing trip, trying to find other 'victims' (or to put ideas into unscrupulous minds).

So, if you see the advert, please please click on it to have a look and tell us whether you think they are genuine or not. I have no wish to be associated with this type of firm, in any way or form, so we'll give them a few days while everyone clicks on the advert and has a look, then I'll notify Google that I want their adverts banned from our site, now and in the future. :lol:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ash_and_Jess
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ash_and_Jess »

I thought as much Steve......

No Win No Fee lawyers can kiss my 4R53. :evil:

You'll be pleased to know that I have just clicked the link 17 times =D>

Regards.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

My sentiments exactly. Applies to lawyers in general, to be honest!

Google will immediately detect multiple clicks and will discount them - so the advertiser doesn't get charged! :cry:
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ash_and_Jess
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ash_and_Jess »

I'm one step ahead Steve - I don't have a static I.P. address It changes everytime at the click of the mouse (try www.torproject.org for complete anoymity online!). Therefore I can browse sites and click on those annoying google ads as many times as I like with the comfort of knowing that the site owners WILL be charged for all those clicks and they WON'T know who done it!!! Of course, I use this service responsibly..... :lol:

Going back to the original topic of conversation, you can go ANYWHERE in the world and see a rat or get a dose of deli-belly. These lawyers should know better. Is there really a need to try and sue the A$$ off a hotel for this....? Of course, if the tropikist really was to fault then I don't believe for one moment that they wouldn't try and resolve the issue in house...... Maybe I'm naive.

Ashley.
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Seems genuine to me.

But I note that every case I have seen on their website indicates that it would only be possible to make a claim against a UK Tour Operator under UK legislation ...so only those that arrange package holidays with UK based Tour Operators have a chance of success ... you are unlikely to have a chance of compensation if you book direct with a hotel abroad as the claim would be considered under their local laws.

I see that they are having a go at Rex Turtle too and they are claiming many settlements with 'First Choice Holidays' who seem to be the target?

Interesting ...

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “General Questions & Comment”