KCNN or Sheppys?

Transport-related questions and comment
MandyG
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

KCNN or Sheppys?

Post by MandyG »

Hi all,

Flights...booked, accommodation....booked, now to sort car hire!

From all the quotes I have received for a soft top jeep, KCNN and Sheppy's came out a mere $10 apart in their quotes for my rental period (others were at least $50 more for the same vehicle!).

Before booking, I just wanted to hear some views on who you would all recommend. We used Sheppy's in the past, but I have seen good reviews for KCNN on here too.

Has anyone used both - if so, were there any differences in service? Do both meet you on arrival at the airport, and allow you to drop the car off at the airport when leaving?

Any pros or cons would be much appreciated :D

Thanks in advance,

Mandy
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: KCNN or Sheppys?

Post by David Watkins »

Hi Mandy,I have used a few car hire companies on Tobago and have found that KCNN is by far the best , they will pick you up at the airport and you leave the car at the airport on departure,
David
Phil Bondie
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Phil Bondie »

Hi Mandy, I too have also used a few different rental companies. I have not used KCNN. I rent for 3 months and have used Sheppy's for the last 6 or 7 years. For me he is the best and I have no plans to change. Yes he will meet you and lets you drop off when leaving. Phil
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Mandy

KCNN is an excellent firm and would probably be my second choice on Tobago, but it won't surprise you to hear that we always swear by Sheppy, given our strong recommendation in our Car Hire Section available here. Worth reading our list of car rental agencies and seeing what other visitors think.

One point I would make for all visitors renting cars on Tobago. Don't simply go by the price you are offered. A saving of US$5-15 per day might seem attractive (and more affordable) but you could be talking about the difference between a 3 year old vehicle and a 10 year old vehicle - and 10 years of hammering around Tobago's pot-holed roads at the hands of uncaring, often inexperienced drivers can take a heavy toll, particularly when allied to poor maintenance standards (main dealer servicing generally means taking the vehicle to Trinidad).
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Mandy,

I gotta agree with David. We've gone with KCNN four times so far ( fifth coming up next week) .

Robert
Simon Partridge
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Simon Partridge »

Hi Mandy have used KCNN upto four times a year for the last five years and have never been let down. The first smiling face we see on leaving arrivals is always Kendrick of KCNN.
Sheppys have a good reputation to.
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Mandy- The folks at Sheppy's are wonderful to work with!!
Jane H
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Jane H »

We used Sheppy's - they were really good - and our car was in excellent condition too.
Patricia
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Patricia »

Can Sheppy's and KCNN also be used to hire a driver?

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”