Booking a ferry to Venezuela

Transport-related questions and comment
Radred
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Booking a ferry to Venezuela

Post by Radred »

Hello,

I found some emails or websites through which you were supposed to make a reservation for Trinidad-Guiria "Pier 1" ferry, but none of them works properly.

Does anyone have an idea of a person or a local travel agency which may assist T&T-Venezuela ferry reservations?

Thanks,
Rad
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Booking a ferry to Venezuela

Post by Brian Taylor »

my best bet would be to ask yes-tourism. if they dont do it, they might know who does....
fingers crossed for that and maybe you can let us know how it works in the end...feel I could do a little trip at some point :D
STEPH
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Check

http://pier1tt.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=58

for further information.

If you don't get through by e-mail, call the office.

Good luck.
Radred
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Radred »

Thanks for all replies! :) I guess I will take no risks and book a flight.

In fact, the difference is as follows: $100 - one-way ferry, $200 - cheapest flight to Caracas.

The bad thing is that since I am going to continue west towards Colombia, I will skip the Guiria-CSS part of Venezuela...

still sounds much better than sightseeing Tobago airport and coming back over the Atlantic ;)

also - Condor made a note that traveling to that destination one must posses 'a return or onward ticket', luckily I reread the booking to notice it :)

See you in Tobago then!! :-)
Radred
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Radred »

I found an information on some other website that when booking a ferry one must show an onward travel ticket FROM Venezuela, which in fact means I have to have my journey planned until Colombia..

Also, I found it is not possible to book and buy a ticket before arriving to T&T, which might be a problem to meet a "onward/return ticket" condition at the airport.

I guess my solution, a safe bet on the other side, will be booking a flight from Port-of-Spain to Caracas.

However I wonder if someone ever managed to book a ticket online?
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

I think most people who like to travel around and dont want to be tied down too much book a ticket to tobago and back at the end of their travels. this way they can leave here spontaneously and just come back when it is time to catch their plane back to germany. just had some longterm-travellers who did that. whenever they come back into tobago they have the ticket to go back to europe in hand and you are more free in between (always depending on the rules of the countries you want to pass through).
have a safe trip and enjoy!
STEPH
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”