Charlotteville beachfront

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Soley
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Charlotteville beachfront

Post by Soley »

Hello,

I'm new in this forum and I have a question about charlotteville!

My husband and me will be in Tobago from 25 Sept. till 19 Oct. 2011. It' our first time! We wanted to spend One Week in Charlotteville.

Now I read about the beachfront Development Plans (charlotteville waterfront project).
Does anyone know, if the construction work has already startet or rather when they will beginn?

Of course we don't want to spend our Holiday in construction noise. We expected a Small fishing with Beautiful Nature. I can't find any current information in the internet.

Thank you!

Sonja

Sonja
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Charlotteville beachfront

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sonja

Welcome aboard! :)

The beachfront development plans are simply a proposal. NOTHING happens quickly in Tobago and, in truth, I suspect that this proposal will never get beyond the planning stage. It is simply something to give the time-servers in the government departments concerned something to do while they wait to draw their pensions. So, you most certainly have nothing to worry about for your holiday this year (or next, or the year after that) :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
GervaisAlkins

Post by GervaisAlkins »

Hi Sonja,
the proposed plans for the Charlotteville Beachfront are still just plans as Steve has mentioned. If you are interested in finding out more about this some environmentalists and community activists have created a Facebook group page called the 'Charlotteville Beachfront Movement'.
Also I agree with Steve that these projects take years even decades to complete. Case in point, I took out a back from the Scarborough Library in the early 90's. Soon after the Library was demolished to build a new one. Unfortunately it has'nt after more than 15 years past!
Enjoy your stay in Charlotteville.
Steve Salfield
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Steve Salfield »

Please join the Facebook group. Charlotteville Beachfront Movement if you oppose the proposed monstrous development.

Return to “General Questions & Comment”