Guest Report

A two-bedroom cottage near Parlatuvier (listing)
Helen Williamson

Guest Report

Post by Helen Williamson »

We stayed at Silly Cotton for 2 weeks in January/February 2012. What can I say: it is beautiful! The gardens are divine, there's so much to see that I was still discovering new parts to it on my last day. I highly recommend staying here. Anyone that loves nature and tranquillity should go to this house. Every morning we would sit and drink our coffee overlooking the estate. Due to it's height on the hill, the cottage remains cool due to the breezes. As the previous reviewer said, the rain is quite loud on the roof! It was alot of fun being in the house when it rained! There are hammocks in one of the cupboards too.

The house is quite basically furnished, but you can be entirely comfortable there. Also, we never felt unsafe. Part of that is because the village in which the house is situated (Parlatuvier) is very friendly. We made friends with locals and they really seemed to enjoy us being there. I felt quite comfortable walking around Parlatuvier village alone.

It takes about an hour to get to Silly Cotton from the airport, which really isn't long at all. There is a local shop (on Jetty Street by Parlatuvier bay) which sells most things one needs.

Benny and Margaret maintain the property and they're great people. A pleasure to know.

If the house is available, we're going to try and go back next Christmas/New Year.

Return to “SillyCotton Valley”