Guest Report

2 beachside apartments in Castara (listing)
Liz Mullins

Guest Report

Post by Liz Mullins »

WaveSong was exactly what we were looking for. Secluded location, located in a small fishing community and right amongst the locals. We had many highlights during our vacation and this was one of them. It exceeded our expecations in many ways and made our vacation memorable.

We stayed at Seascape's 1 bedroom unit (WaveSong) for 14 days (June 10-24). Our booking experience with David Bray (owner) was hassel free. David responded quickly to my emails and was able to provide excellent pointers for Castara and Tobago as a whole. This is one of the many reasons why I chose Seascape.

Rollins, the local Manager at Seascape collected us from Charlotteville, John and I feel quite at easy and very relaxed during our drive. Rollins is quite skilled driving on the left hand side on very narrow roads winding up and down hills. He also pointed out restaurants, shops, fruit stands, where to purchase fish, local points of interest, etc. along th way.

The steps leading up to WaveSong was daunting at first. But let me tell you, entering the apartment definitely makes up for the jaunt. I kept saying that I would count the steps the entire two weeks we were there, but guess what. I never did. John and I totally enjoyed our location and all the ammenities it had to offer. There are also several fruit trees in the garden.

All the reviews I read on WaveSong is quite accurate. After leaving Charlotteville, Tobago (stayed here 9 days) we had two essential requirements for Seascape; a pot and mosquito net. John headed straight to the kitchen (more than 4 litres) and I headed to the bedroom We both were in luck. The kitchen was very well stocked with utensiles, pots, pans, cutlery, etc. There was shampoo, conditioner, soap supplies (hotel sizes). Towels, and linen were changed every 3-4 days. Laverne, the housekeeper was very friendly and was always willing to answer our many questions. A nice touch of fresh fruit, cold water and Carib were waiting for us. Thanks David!!

WaveSong overlooks Heavenly Bay. Both John and I felt (rather selfish of me), that this was the best accommodation on Heavenly Bay. It had the most amazing view of the ocean, you wake up every morning to the sound of the waves and birds (can see the ocean from your bed). Personally, the best view!! Many varities of birds visited the balcony and we were fortunate to see the Mot Mot Bird on several occassions. If you're lucky you can also view the stingrays close to shore from the balcony.

Heavenly Bay is a short walk (3 mins), Boathouse restaurant is located here and has a varied menu with reasonable prices. Visit on a Wed night for local entertainment. There are fruit stands, local "oven" (fresh bread and local pastries every Wed and Sat), several other restaurants and shops in the village. Castara is a small vising community, fresh fish daily at the main beach. The locals are very welcoming, take the time to chat with them. There are several tours you can choose from, just ask around. We took the public bus to Scarbrough on 3 occassions.

David and his two son's stayed at Windsong while we were there (2 bdr unit). We had many enjoyable visits playing cards, limin' on the beach, John sending the boys on a wild goose chase or two or just sampling each other's food. Your boys denititely made a great impression. I won't be suprised if Lincoln becomes a politician one day... We'll definitely have to have BBQ pork chops and squid some day soon! Spending time with you guys definitely made our trip very memorable.

David. John and I are planning our return trip already. Thank you for everything and hope to see you and the boys soon. John and Liz

PS. John is still talking about retiring in Tobago....

Return to “SeaScape”