Good Job Done

Your questions on medical and security issues
Richard Hubbard
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Good Job Done

Post by Richard Hubbard »

Congratulations go out to the Moriah police force, on an excellent response, hopefully it will make some of the local bandits think twice.

[youtube][/youtube]http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-02- ... er-robbery
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Good Job Done

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

It seems rather ominous that all three men were armed with guns and actually engaged the police in a firefight. Even though a cutlass can be a fearsome weapon, I´d rather have a thief armed with that than with a gun.
Richard Hubbard
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Post by Richard Hubbard »

Yes, likewise. Guns go off all the time in robberies, even if it's not the intention. Bandits are not trained in firearms safety.
Glyn Kirpalani
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Glyn Kirpalani »

Good job indeed! Note: T&T police will often shoot dead bandits - some will have been armed and some will not have been armed, but ALL of the dead bandits will be reported by the officers to have fired shots at them. Make of this what you will, but provided the dead bandit was a genuine bandit, I won't lose any sleep over it (although the lack of judicial enquiries into such killings does make for plenty of scope for corruption and police intimidation of innocent folks sometimes, as I can testify!)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

I think it's about the mood Glyn.

The authorities are quite capable of using medievil tactics when they have a point to prove ... or, perhaps, when they are not getting paid enough ... or perhaps, when something gets delivered that they don't know about, but, they find out about ... smile.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Health & Security”