Visitor Visa for Tobago?

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
SallyMevans
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Visitor Visa for Tobago?

Post by SallyMevans »

Does anyone have up to date information on how to apply for a tourist visa and how long it takes? I get conflicting advice on the various websites. I have an Australian passport. I have contacted the T and T Immigration and am still waiting for an answer before I can book my holiday.

Also, how long would you leave for connecting flights through Piarco, both incoming and outgoing? I have a choice of a 2 or a 4 hour wait.....
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Visitor Visa for Tobago?

Post by Robert T »

HI Sally

If you are a resident of Vanuatu and holding an Australian passport you do not need a visa to enter T&T according to KLM's and IATA's visa checker.
SallyMevans
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by SallyMevans »

Thanks Robert for putting me on to the IATA visa checker website. My travel agent has just informed me that I need to obtain a visa on arrival and another site tells me I need to fill out a visa waiver form and pay $400TT on arrival!!! I think the IATA site looks pretty legit, and I am still hoping for a reply from TT Immigration.....
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

we already had australian guests who did not need a visa, southafricans and some east-european states needed a visa. what about the responsible embassy near you? they usually react faster than any agency here in tobago :wink:
STEPH
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Sally

You cannot go wrong with IATA's visa checker (all airlines get the entry info from them) as they have to be 100% accurate. Info regarding entry requirements , visas etc is updated on daily basis.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

About Visas, this is what they say at: http://www.immigration.gov.tt

VISA REQUIREMENTS

Citizens of the following countries do not require visas for entry to Trinidad and Tobago:
EUROPEAN UNION except Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia COMMONWEALTH with the exception of:
- Australia
- New Zealand

As I read this, it seems to me that Australian citizens do need visas, or am I wrong?
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Ronald

That website hasn't been updated for ages.....providing she is a resident of Vanuatu holding an Australian passport she doesn't need a visa to enter T&T. Australian citizens living in Australia don't need visa to enter T&T either but they have to apply for a visa waver on arrival which costs 400TT.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Well Robert, I was thinking something like that, as countries connected to the Commonwealth use to allowed to travel without a visa.
And I also know that updates of informations isn´t always a very important thing in T&T, even if it should be so here, as it is a government website.
Partly wrong information can sometimes create problems, if the person at doesn´t know real facts. Maybe that´s why she didn´t get a proper answer at once?
SallyMevans
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by SallyMevans »

Thanks everyone for your input. I shall go armed with a completed visa waiver form, passport photo and $400TT in case this is what is needed. I would hate to get turned back! The ridiculous thing is, that I have a UK passport but it expires in Sept 2014, so there is not enough validity..my own fault for not checking it earlier!
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Sally,

When are you traveling? Your passport only have to be valid for the duration of your stay. 2 years ago I entered Tobago with only 27 days left on my passport.
SallyMevans
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by SallyMevans »

Hi Robert
I am traveling on 13th July, for a stay of 8 days. Some sites say I need 3 months validity and some say 6 months from my departure date. I know the Pacific islands are really strict on that rule and will put you back on the next available plane.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Looks like problem solved. Trust me your passport only gotta be valid for the duration of your stay. I went through the same ordeal two years ago. Every government website says different. I even visited the High Commission in London to get the answer. Go on KLM or IATA again and use the visa checker facility one more time to put your mind at rest. I suggest you take both passports with you if in doubt and use the British one. Don't forget airlines gotta be sure about entry requirements. And obviously IATA provides them with all the info needed. They wouldn't even allow you to board if your documents weren't sufficient enough. https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepar ... /index.htm

just click on ''check your trip'' in the middle of the page

I took a screenshot for you.
Attachments
Screenshot (11).png
SallyMevans
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by SallyMevans »

Thanks Robert, much appreciated. The fact that you have actually done it with less than 3 months validity, puts my mind at ease. I will still take my Aussie passport to be sure!

Return to “General Questions & Comment”