Lady In Red Car Rental

Transport-related questions and comment
Avinash Beepath
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Lady In Red Car Rental

Post by Avinash Beepath »

Just wanted to warn others to BEWARE of this deceitful woman. Please DO NOT expect a smooth rental experience from her. Sadly I did not do research of this place before renting from her but her service was horrible. She takes money from you ($500TTD) as a security fee and then finds every possible reason for you to leave with none!! That's right none!

The guys would look for any small scratch that was there before despite you agreeing with them that it was there before as per contract agreement. Also, I negotiated a price with her on the phone prior to accepting the car and upon returning the car she charges me extra which is deducted from the caution fee. Are you serious? So why didnt she say that in the first place when speaking on the phone! Very very deceitful especially as she claims to be a religious person with the "I Love Jesus" sticker all over the vehicle and key chains...Jeez talk about trickery.

Anyways, hope someone out there finds this informative as I don't usually leave reviews but had to take the time to make sure some innocent person out there doesnt get robbed like me.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Lady In Red Car Rental

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Avinash

I'm so sorry to hear that this woman is still bringing shame on Tobago. Sadly, there is always another visitor ready to be caught!!!!

Please don't forget to express your opinion in our Reader Satisfaction Rating (RSR) votes. It only takes a second. Go to www.mytobago.info/carrental05.php and then click on the (red) RSR icon for her listing, where you will be able to award your satisfaction vote.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Avinash Beepath
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Avinash Beepath »

Hi Steve,

You are right - there's always another visitor to unfortunately get caught. It's such a shame given the beauty and good nature of Tobago otherwise that people like this give others a sour taste of the island. I am from Trinidad and it hurts me to see how many tourists were affected by her service as it not only affects her business but that of Tobago as well as I'm sure these visitors would think Tobagonians are full of scam and trickery.

Regards,
Avinash
LetitbeLiz
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by LetitbeLiz »

I only wish that I had seen this review earlier because I just had almost the exact thing happen to my family and I at the Lady in Red Car Rental. Ms Duncan made us pay an extra $200 on a rental of an Accent Blue claiming that it was to cover "fuel/gas", which was supposed to be refunded on return of the vehicle but when my uncle returned the car he was immediately confronted by the male rep letting him know that they was a scratch on the car and that the repairs would cost $250, a scratch that we were sure that we did not cause. So we ended up paying $550 for a rental that should have been $300. The service was horrible and they used trickery and con artistry to swindle extra money out of us. ANYONE READING THIS PLEASE DO NOT RENT ANY VEHICLE FROM MS DUNCAN AT LADY IN RED

Return to “Car Rental & Public Transport”