Foot Massage

Questions and comment outside the scope of the above topic groups
Charles Scott

Foot Massage

Post by Charles Scott »

Hi All,

Only 24 hours before we leave for Tobago and Christine told me she would like to get a foot massage while we are over there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Charles

Possibly the best masseur on Tobago is John Malcolm. You can contact him and get further information via Ean Mackay of Adventure Eco Villas on 639-2839. John will come out to your hotel. He's really brilliant, but I don't know if he does foot massages. He does provide wonderful full-body, back and head massages. Given that the combined age of our party of six was 375, we gave him lots of opportunity to demonstrate his skills and made good use of his wonderful services during our last trip. Just last weekend, my mother mentioned that she had had no reoccurrences of a neck problem she’s suffered for years, since John’s treatment.

There is also a good masseuse at The Red Door beauty and health studio – the best hairdressers on Tobago. Red Door is located in Pigeon Point Road at Crown Point, between Panache restaurant and the Yes Tourism offices. You can contact Abigail of Red Door on 631-0449 or 772-0623.

Just found Abigail's brochure. Yes, they offer foot therapy. The brochure says:
Hydrotherapy is combined with massage in this blissful treatment. The feet are soaked in a warm herbal bath to freshen and detoxify the feet, followed by stimulating exfoliation to promote circulation. A luxurious aromatherapy foot massage completes this foot pampering service.
Have a great trip!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Charles Scott

Post by Charles Scott »

Thanks Steve,

I've just printed out your reply to add to our travel folder.

Where else can you get a reply to such an obscure question so quickly?

Thanks for the site, it has been of immense help in planning my trip and I won't let you down on posting some reports.
Alexandra Taylor Presslan

Cost of massage

Post by Alexandra Taylor Presslan »

i love a good massage when on holiday, how much are they in tobaago? Can anyone help? Thanks :D
Ulrich
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ulrich »

Usha Innis - Ayurvedic Marma Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Lymphatic Drainage, Reflexology.

Paula Young - Holistic Massage Therapy integrating Aromatheapy, Indian Head Massage, Reflexology and Reiki

Both ladies you´ll find at "Kariwak Hotel", Crown Point.

Tai Chi lessons at "Sherwood Park Appartments", Carnbee,
from December 16th to January 8th, every tuesday and thursday,
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Kind regards
Ulrich
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Welcome to the forum, Alexandra

Sorry, can't help with the actual costs but just email John Malcolm or the Red Door, as per the addresses in my replies to Charles above. You can email the Kariwak at [email protected]. I also understand that Glyn Kirpalani's wife Caroline is a qualified masseur, so you can also try her at [email protected]
Steve Wooler
Ulrich
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ulrich »

Hi Alexandra,

sorry, forgot to mention that in May this year we paid US $ 60,00 per massage, which last one hour.

thanks for those replies :D bit more expensive than i was expecting they charge more than i do here in england!!!!!!! I wont be having too many in that case, but im sure ill indulge in one well i will be on holiday!!!
Christine Nelson
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Christine Nelson »

Hi,

When staying at the Rex Turtle I and several others had massages on the beach.
Either Leeroy who I can recommend he does an excellent foot and body massage or from Mary if you prefer a female. Cost is about 100TT.

Regards Chris.

thanks that sounds more reasonable...................

had several

Had several massages, but the absolute best was John malcolm so thanks for that tip steve. I have a lot of experience of massage been a qualified masseur and having had a lot in my time. I HAVE TO SAY jm is fantastic and sorted out a problem that no one else has ever been able to, he eill come to you and does a 2 hour session, bliss for 400 tt. You wont regret it.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

As a matter of interest, I recently heard that John Malcolm is back at Le Grand Courlan, sorting out their Spa (they have the biggest spa facilities on the island, by far). I believe that John originally headed the team that set up the spa, but then went off to do his "own thing". Apparently, he still has a lot of clients in Trinidad, so spends time over there. Le Grand have come on amazingly in the past year or two (we stayed there last month and LOVED it) but their spa is so popular and busy that it needed some major TLC. They brought John back to do the job on a temporary contract. Pity I didn't know, because I would love to have met him while there - he is SUCH a nice guy. My mother (81 this week), has had no reoccurrence of the problem he sorted when he gave her a massage in 2003.

I would be wary of ANY of the so-called beach massagers. Despite what they may tell you, none of them are qualified. Please remember that unqualified masseurs have little, if any, knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and so could potentially cause quite serious injury.
Steve Wooler
Paul J Corney

Massage - Paula Young

Post by Paul J Corney »

Steve, your posting reminded me to post a comment on Paula - not being a massage afficionado I was quite skeptical by my daughter and our house mates pursuaded me to have a full body massage the day I flew homw and I'm glad they did.

Paula is really good, makes you feel at ease and moreover leaves you feeling well relaxed for the overnight fligh home!

As a result I have had a couple of massages since I've been home and cannot understand why i took 40 years to do so.

NB As stated, Paula works out of the Kariwak village.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Paul

Thanks for that. I don't know Paula, but I think we can safely say that anybody working out of the Kariwak Village will be fully qualified.

I know what you mean. I admit that I'd never had a massage until recent years in Tobago.
Steve Wooler
Patricia
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re:

Post by Patricia »

Steve Wooler wrote:Hi Charles

Possibly the best masseur on Tobago is John Malcolm. You can contact him and get further information via Ean Mackay of Adventure Eco Villas on 639-2839. John will come out to your hotel. He's really brilliant, but I don't know if he does foot massages. He does provide wonderful full-body, back and head massages. Given that the combined age of our party of six was 375, we gave him lots of opportunity to demonstrate his skills and made good use of his wonderful services during our last trip. Just last weekend, my mother mentioned that she had had no reoccurrences of a neck problem she’s suffered for years, since John’s treatment.

There is also a good masseuse at The Red Door beauty and health studio – the best hairdressers on Tobago. Red Door is located in Pigeon Point Road at Crown Point, between Panache restaurant and the Yes Tourism offices. You can contact Abigail of Red Door on 631-0449 or 772-0623.

Just found Abigail's brochure. Yes, they offer foot therapy. The brochure says:
Hydrotherapy is combined with massage in this blissful treatment. The feet are soaked in a warm herbal bath to freshen and detoxify the feet, followed by stimulating exfoliation to promote circulation. A luxurious aromatherapy foot massage completes this foot pampering service.
Have a great trip!!

Hi Steve, do you know if John Malcolm is still around to do massages?
Steve Wooler

Re: Foot Massage

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Patricia

I'm afraid that I haven't heard anything about John for at least 5-6 years. I believe somebody mentioned that he was working in Trinidad, but to be honest, I have no idea. Sorry!
Steve Wooler
Patricia
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Post by Patricia »

Steve Wooler wrote:Hi Patricia

I'm afraid that I haven't heard anything about John for at least 5-6 years. I believe somebody mentioned that he was working in Trinidad, but to be honest, I have no idea. Sorry!
Thanks Steve. I see his photo below but wasn't sure if he was for personal hire or can only be booked for guests at Villa Being:

http://being-tobago.com/villa/spa-and-wellbeing/

I just need a way to contact him. I hope he is available for private bookings. If he is still in Tobago I'm sure someone would have his contact. 8)
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

He was always available for personal hire. I believe he had been running the spa at Le Grand Courlan at one stage. Anyway, hopefully your post might jog someone's memory and they can let us know if he's still around.
Steve Wooler

Return to “General Questions & Comment”