Eating Out

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Lesly
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Eating Out

Post by Lesly »

A small group of us "foreigners" that live here decided one evening that we would start to spend one day a week as a tourist...and we decided to start with eating out on a Saturday lunchtime. Each restaurant was approached at approx. 1 p.m. I would like to start to share with you our results ......
We met at Backyard café which was our choice of the day, only to find that they do not open lunchtime at the weekend, so we headed for Bonkers...the place was completely empty..on entering I asked if they served lunch. We was told yes. I asked if perhaps we could see a menu. With great effort the woman vacated her seat and huffed and puffed towards us with the menu...there was no offer of would we like a seat or would we like a drink. We remained standing had a quick look at the menu then left. We drove further down the road and went to Kariwak...slightly better was shown to a table we were given the menu. We ordered beers ....45 mins later beers had not arrived food order had not been taken......sorry Kariwak feel you could have done better than that considering there were only two other occupied tables, we cancelled the beers and left. Now completely at a loss, and dying of thirst we headed to Colours...well service was quick, beers cold, prices reasonable, and food edible...
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Eating Out

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Lesly

Brilliant idea and I'm sure many others will join me in looking forward to your weekly reports. :D

Don't forget to vote for all the restaurants you visit by clicking on the RSR icon in their listing in the Restaurant section of the site.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Lesly
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Re: Eating Out

Post by Lesly »

So week 2 of our eating out experience took 4 of us to Tropikest Hotel...we were made most welcome. They have quite a large lunchtime menu prices very reasonable..an example veggie wraps with fries 25.00 TT service and food very good. After lunch we asked if we could use the pool (which is lovely complete with a swim up bar ) and we were told that as long as the hotel was not busy it was not a problem. Our opinion... definitely will be placed on our list of places to go back to.

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”