Guest Report

1 or 2-bedroom wooden cottage at Parlatuvier (listing)
Jerry & Espe Davila

Guest Report

Post by Jerry & Espe Davila »

A long overdue and honest review.
We decided Gloucester place for our 15th wedding anniversary.
I was a little apprehensive on our way to Parlatuvier B&B Gloucester Place, after all it was our fist time in a B&B, in all our travels we have always stayed in hotels. The though of being in someone's home was a little unsettling for me.
After a long drive through a mostly beautiful and untouched area we arrived at the B&B.
Gloucester place was right next to the road but built in such of way that you have all the privacy and the most beautiful views without disturbing the surroundings.
We were greeted by Win and Bea, a warm, unpretentious couple that made my worries disappear at the first hello.
I was flabbergasted by the beauty of the place. From the veranda you have a view of the bluest sea and the waves crashing in the little cove way below, making the most relaxing sounds. The gardens and the pool blend perfectly with the surroundings and they are gorgeous.
The house was built for comfort, beautifully designed with an eye for details. The rooms are privately positioned, with it's own bathroom.
Immaculately clean and nicely furnished. My husband had chosen the room with a little balcony overlooking the cove and the west gardens, it was lovely!
My husband extended our stay by one day because I really love that place!
I'm a bird lover and there is a continuous parade of different kinds of birds that come to the house to feed on the flowers and fruits available and all the goodies Win & Bean keep in their feeders, I was in heaven!
Bea made an early breakfast for us everyday, but was very accommodating at whatever time we wanted to eat it, (we are early rising people so it was perfect for us).
Win & Bea are very well known and respected in the community, through them we met some of the locals, that greeted us with respect and humble honesty. We were very impressed at how they have embraced the community and work to help the locals.
The beauty of the place is breathtaking, there are beautiful pristine beaches, waterfalls, and some little shops next to the beach with locally made souvenirs.
We loved our little vacation, our only complaint is that it was too short.
Win & Bea made us feel welcome, at ease, and were ready to give us advise on where to go and what to see without being overbearing. The last night we had cocktails at the local bar with Win & Bea, other guests and some locals we befriended, to toast our anniversary. We talked, laughed and joked like a group of old friends.
What a way to close our vacation!
We had a wonderful time, it went by way too fast for us.
If you like exotic places, birds, nature and pristine beaches, this is the most perfect place.
We will highly recommend the GLOUCESTER place for your stay, a home away from home!

Return to “Essex Cottage at Gloucester Place”