Jemma's treehouse

Your questions and comment on restaurants and dining out
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Jemma's treehouse

Post by Robert T »

Last year we did a trip around the island and decided to stop at Jemma's for lunch. The place looked busy with people at the tables being tired of waiting for their order so we opted for a take out instead which was dearly priced. (150TT for a portion of curried goat of average quality). This March we did the same trip around and stopped at Jemma's again for lunch. This time it looked even busier as it was filled with German tourists from a cruise ship so then again, to avoid waiting for our lunch forever, we went for a take out which was refused by the owner Jemma in a very rude manner saying while pointing at the Germans ''No take away today as I first have to get rid of these''.....Well I guess this is not the way to treat customers.....
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Jemma's treehouse

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Robert

Sadly this is a story that I've heard many times. Jemma is apparently well-known for her rudeness and bad attitude. I really can't appreciate why people patronise this tourist trap. You wouldn't get me anywhere near the place. Nobody would use it if isn't wasn't for the 'commissions' that tour guides get for taking visitors.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Jemma's treehouse

Post by Robert T »

Hi Steve,
Well, she won't be seeing a penny from us in the future for sure....Anyways we drove back to King's Bay Cafe where we were treated in a totally different manner and had an absolutely fantastic lunch for a very fair price. ..

Return to “Restaurants, Food & Drink”