vaccinations

Your questions on medical and security issues
amaM
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

vaccinations

Post by amaM »

I am visiting Tobago at end of August /beginning September staying in an apartment in Black Rock then in Parlatuvier. My GP surgery has suggest i get Typhoid and Hep A jabs ...but not sure if this is Because all recommendations include Trinidad which we will not be visiting. I would appreciate your thoughts
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: vaccinations

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello amaM

Welcome aboard! :D

Check out our Health & Medical page at www.myTobago.info/medical.php (menu: Information > Health & Safety > Health). No vaccinations are necessary, unless you are arriving from a Yellow Fever infected area when an International Certificate of Vaccination against the disease will be required. Although not a T&T compulsory requirement, some advisory bodies recommend that you have an inoculation for Hepatitis A. The bottom line: if you are travelling them from the UK, then you don't need to worry about any vaccinations.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
amaM
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by amaM »

Thank you :)
Derryck Larsson
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Post by Derryck Larsson »

No vaccinations are necessary if you travel to Tobago? Now, these are some good news. I was expecting a "full package", now I'm really relieved. :D
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

I would as a doctor advise everybody travelling to the Tropics to have a Hepatitis A cover. I Always top up my enterotoxic e coli/cholera oral vaccine every two years as well. Hepatitis is easily gotten from seafood and quite an unnecessary experience. The oral vaccine reduces the chance of gippy tummy. Some people take the salmonella vaccine as well and top it up every second year. It is just a course of Three tablets taken day 1 3 and 5. It is affordable and basically risk free.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Stefan - how wonderful to hear from you after all this time. I trust and hope that you are keeping well. :D
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Dr Stefan Rustscheff
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Dr Stefan Rustscheff »

Thank you Steve-I still work my 100 hour week, my house is falling down on me, my eyesight is failing but otherwise managing nicely, thank you! I have my Morgan motor car to console myself with.
But what a beautiful new website! Congratulations!

Return to “Health & Security”